So glad to talk to you at last

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobear, Oct 5, 2002.

1. fibrobear

fibrobear New Member

Hello everyone, I have been reading all your posts for many months now,but since I have never poasted or used a chat room before, it has taken me untll now to work up the corage to say hello, and introduce myself. I am newly dx.about six months ago, but I'm sure I have had this dd many years, and just thought I had not taken good care of my body, and was getting along in years, and then last July, wham, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Spent a good four months in bed, or on the couch, and then little by little, was able to resume a (if not weak) at least a bit more normal life. Just about this time I have had my four year old granddaughter come live with me. So it has been a challenge to say the least, careing for her, and learning all about fibro. Boy have you guys been a help. I have learned so much from all of you. since I'm poastig this so late in the wee hours of the morning, I'm not sure anyone will answer till tomorrow, and being so new to message boards,I'm not even sure i'll be abl to find your reply (if any) but this is my only free time, so thought I'd give it a try. Nice to "talk" to you, my new friends. Good night to all.
  2. fibrobear

fibrobear New Member

Hello everyone, I have been reading all your posts for many months now,but since I have never poasted or used a chat room before, it has taken me untll now to work up the corage to say hello, and introduce myself. I am newly dx.about six months ago, but I'm sure I have had this dd many years, and just thought I had not taken good care of my body, and was getting along in years, and then last July, wham, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Spent a good four months in bed, or on the couch, and then little by little, was able to resume a (if not weak) at least a bit more normal life. Just about this time I have had my four year old granddaughter come live with me. So it has been a challenge to say the least, careing for her, and learning all about fibro. Boy have you guys been a help. I have learned so much from all of you. since I'm poastig this so late in the wee hours of the morning, I'm not sure anyone will answer till tomorrow, and being so new to message boards,I'm not even sure i'll be abl to find your reply (if any) but this is my only free time, so thought I'd give it a try. Nice to "talk" to you, my new friends. Good night to all.
  3. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Good morning Fibrobear and welcome. So glad you got up the courage to finally write. I too am fairly new to these posts. You will find them a great help in not feeling so alone with this pain in the butt ailment. There are a lot of wonderful people here. The chat room for fibro is also very helpful, and there are usually people in there at the late night hours. Where are you located? Im in Syracuse, N.Y. I have had fibro for about 6mths. now. Plus a host of other medical problems. I find it a comfort sometimes when I'm really down, to come here and respond to some letters or go in the chat room. It takes your mind off things for awhile. I have had a grandchild live with me in the past also....its very hard. But we always seem to find the strenhgth when we need it for them. Good luck with the child and also figuring out the board. It's really very easy...Just click on this board, then hit the reply symbol. Its as easy as that. Take care and hope to hear from you in the future....queenbee69
  4. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Just wanted to welcome you to the board. I am so glad you finally took the plunge. It's a good place to go for information, just to vent, or to get a boost. It helps to know we aren't alone.

Glad you are here.

Cindy
  5. fibolady

fibolady New Member

hope you can find your way back to see your welcomes! you will have your hands full with your granddaughter and fms, take lots of rest periods.

we used to have little mats in school, remember? maybe you could get one and both have rest periods together, more fun for her!

warm regards, fibolady
  6. G

G New Member

Welcome and it nice to know that the people here have helped you. It's hard finding the time to post with an little one around but so glad to know you're here.

It's nice to hear from you!
    Your friend
    G
  7. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

Hi, glad you finally decided to post. You will really like it in here. Everybody is very understanding and helpful. So far I have not witnessed any unkind words which is a relief. No one needs to be fussed at if we are just trying to cope. Anytime you want to vent or need support or just want to say hey, this happened today, we are just a keyboard away!
  8. fibrobear

fibrobear New Member

Thank you queenbee, for my first welcome on this great board. It's really nice to know I can come here to to talk and learn. I used to live in Syracuse, in the sixties. I now live in Big Bear city, a small mountain town in so. california. hence the name fibrobear. I was wondering since we are both newly dx. with FM, and kind of new to the board, how severe your symptoms are? I'd say after my first few months in bed, I'm now, on a scale of 1-10 mostly a 5 or 6. Can't help but wonder how long that will keep up, I'm always waiting for the dreaded flare to come knocing at my door. Notsure if my first bought was a slow onset of Fm or indeed a flare, but it was long and tough. Hope you are in as little pain as possible.
    Fibrobear.