So hurt...was made fun of in wheelchair at store :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by baanders, Sep 29, 2006.

1. baanders

baanders New Member

This is causing me to wake up and loose sleep. Please help me to put this into proper perspective. Mars is the only store I can shop at because of the lowest prices. The checkout girl made fun of me for using the motorized wheelchair. This was 2 months ago. She denied it the other day (I had all of this pent up anger...I've been giving her angry looks). I looked hurt. When she denied it in front of her manager, I said, "Of course you're going to deny it in front of your boss." Her manager denied it too (my mom says he's afraid of a law suit).

I feel hurt, ashamed to shop there, but I have to.

It's too late to "Kill her with kindness"

I know none of you would make fun of anyone. Thanks.
    baanders
    [This Message was Edited on 09/29/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/29/2006]
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Keep your head up proud when you go there! Don't waste your energy on this ignorant person. Be nice to yourself, and proud of the use of the wheelie in that store. Put glowing coal on her head by being awfully nice to her, pretend it never happend! You can direct that anger on to a pillow later!

3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

baanders:

I am so sorry this happened to you. I know what it is like to be made fun of--no, it is no fun.

You are in the right, so I would not worry about it anymore.

nyrofan
  4. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

I would look at her and say , Sorry you don't understand what kind of pain I have . But maybe you chould look it up and then you know whay I have to use the chair. Say it in a very nice way . Tell her to have a great day and you hope she never has to go through what you do.
    Was she young? If so then she really could use some one to show her we are not all alike.
    Bless yo and hope you next time there will be better.
    Bless you Angel
  5. bcn

bcn New Member

I hope you can release the frustration she caused.

Many people have not lived through enough life problems and have no empathy for others yet.

Just realize her ugliness is not about you. It's about her.

You know why you need the chair and the world today is getting a better understanding that there are people who like to shop but need assistance. That's why there are so many scooters in the stores.

I do hope her manager was apologetic.
  6. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I am soo sorry that this stupid girl did that to you! She obviously has no clue about life. She obviously has her own issues if she has to make fun of other people to make herself feel better about herself. Don't listen to her and don't be ashamed! You are doing what you need to do for yourself and don't let anyone stop you. I am proud of you for going to the store...I have not even been able to do that in over a month. Be proud of yourself for getting out and doing the things that you need to do!
  7. Scapper

Scapper New Member

So sorry! People without limitations have no clue!!

I have a really hard time letting things go too. Sometimes writing about how I feel and then tearing it up can help. May sound a little strange but it helps to get it out and let it go.....just a thought.

I hope this person's ignorance does not keep you from shopping.....the last thing you need is more limitations!

Good luck :)
  8. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm sorry.. nothing worse than stupid, mean people to wreck your day huh!!
    Hugs to ya honey.. What goes around comes around..
    You keep your head held high. No one knows what you go through but you. She is foolish to judge it could be her some day.
    love,
    Dona
  9. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Yesterday I went into a convience store. I was wearing my odor control mask. And I'm very careful to wait and not get close to anyone. A girl came in and stood very close behind me. Even with my mask on I could "feel" her perfume affecting me. I turned around and asked her to please move back as perfume causes me to have seizures. She said okay and then came to the other register directly beside me. I announced a little loudly that some people would probably push people in a wheelchair out of the way cause they have no class. I no longer hold my tongue.
  10. Bet2

Bet2 New Member

People who have never experienced this kind of pain are never going to understand. And there are all kinds of people in this world.

When I experience the ignorance of someone's unspeakable actions I have to remind myself that they don't belong to Jesus yet. Because if they did, the response towards you would have been one of compassion. And then I feel bad for them because they don't have what we have.

If you are a believer than you can afford to be generous because we have hope of a new body and a new day. What does she have except life here and she is obviously miserable to treat you so badly.

You can rise above this. Please don't let ignorance stop you from going any where you want to go. God Bless You for getting out and doing what you need to do for yourself.

Keep the Faith Sister,

Bet2
  11. supergirl99

supergirl99 New Member

It's a shame she knows no compassion and is too embarrased to admit she has made a mistake. She is wrong and you don't need to feel bad for that, the scooters are there for a reason. So feel sad that her life is so unfulfilled that she needs to take the rise out of people less fortunate. Oh and shop with pride.

x
  12. baanders

baanders New Member

Do you all believe the phrase "What comes around goes around?

baanders
  13. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Do I believe in what goes around comes around?

yes and no.. Do I think that any of us did anything so bad to deserve what we go through, a BIG NO..

Do I believe that if someone is intentionally cruel (like the girl in the store) that thier "karma" is gonna get them.. or that they will get "God-smacked" Yeah.. I kind of do.. I think it makes it easier I think for me to believe that their mean ways will catch up with them.

Sometimes I think if there is a such thing as reincarnation I must have been a really bad person in my last life to deserve all the things that have happened in this life.
    But then again I must have done something ok too for the joys I have been given as well..

I hope your day is getting better..
    hugs,
    dona
  14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I posted on this before. Oh well...

Hard to believe people can act so badly; especially when they want to make money from a customer.
  15. twerp

twerp New Member

I've read what everyone else has told you, and they're right. This person is the one with the problem, not you.

As my mother says when she encounters someone like this, "They just weren't raised right".

Obviously, this person was not raised to have compassion or empathy for others. She will regret one day all the cruel things she's done to others.

So, chin up sweetie! We're behind you all the way!

Lot of Big Hugs,
    Twerp
  16. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am so sorry this happened to you.

Consider the source -- this person is obviously ignorant and probably doesn't like herself very much.

For some unknown reason (to me anyway) there are a lot of miserable people in this world who get a kick out of being jackasses -- for that reason alone please put is behind you.

The stress of this is not good for you and she is not worth it.

Write her a letter tell her how she made you feel and then burn it...if it makes you feel better draw her face on the letter and then burn it.

Please take care of you,

Karen :)
  17. baanders

baanders New Member

For your kind words and for your support!!! I would appreciate more opinions. I'm very encouraged to have a family 24/7 like you when I need one.

baanders
  18. Callum

Callum New Member

I wish I could take the moral high-ground, but I know that when I was young and healthy, I could be very intolerant of other people's struggles, or tsuris. I'm sure I hurt people in my youth, and I wish I could go back and apologize for being too self-involved to see the world through other people's eyes.

Hopefully, the young lady will learn that lesson sooner than later, and give you the apology you deserve.

Callum
  19. pookieruth

pookieruth New Member

Oh My Goodness - that must have been awful for you, but it's over and done with. If you still have to come in contact with her you need to forgive her and move on. I bet she has no idea what your situation is.

It's funny - I had a situation that was the total opposite! I got behind a woman in a chair at a busy store, and as usual, I was in a hurry. I figured she was in that chair for a reason and waited very patiently. She was in one of those motorized carts with a grocery basket in the front. Well, I waited, and waited - do you know how much stuff those things hold? It took forever! Anyway, I had unloaded my things on the conveyer belt, and after doing her transaction, the checker rang up my things, and another checker bagged them. That woman refused to go! She sat there and counted her money, then rearranged her purse and who knows what all!! By this time, all my things had been bagged and the two checkers are holding them, waiting for me to move up to them with my cart. I finally said, excuse me maam, but I really need to move up - I thought I was polite, but she BLEW UP!! Started yelling about waiting my turn, she was going. Whew - that was fun. I watched her finally leave the store. She stood, picked up all of her bags, and walked, unaided and steady to her car and drove away!! It was all very odd.

Take Care,
    Lee
  20. makezmuzic

makezmuzic New Member

Hi, I know you may not have the energy for this. But I say write a letter to their corp headquarters. Just the facts and how it made you feel, has effected you. And THEN let it go. They need to know that what happened is not OK. That the manager should have taken appropriate steps & told the young woman her behavior was not acceptable and had her apologise. Period. You, none of us has to take that stuff. You, we all desirve to be treated with respect.

Its still affecting you. It still hurts you to this day. Or you would not have shared it two months later. Please put this back on the one it belongs to - the employee and her boss.

TAke care.