So I saw the Lyme Dr.......

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Manaleon, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

Well he's pretty sure I have lyme. I have to get blood work for lyme and other co-infections, but he said he's going to treat even if everything comes back negative. There are a few complications though, one being I have been on steriods twice since the tick bite and antibiotics now put my pancrius at risk, and second, he wants to make sure the vision problems i've been having aren't optic neuritis(a type not caused by lyme) otherwise I could go blind. He seems like he knows what he's talking about. He took a very thoughrough history and discussed several courses of action we could take. He warned I'll probably get much sicker before I start to show improvement.

Anyways. I'll be around.

-June
  2. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Congrats on your confirmation, It sounds like you have a good LLMD(thank God)Its true, you will feel worse before you start to feel better, it is a long road to improvement,
    (at least it has been for me)How long have you been sick?
    Sandie
  3. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

Well I got bit by a tick last august, went on doxy right away so I thought I was in the clear. I started to have what I thought was a flare of the fibro, but then weird symptoms I never had started popping up. Finally looking back, I realize everything started after this really bad cold I got a month after the tick bite where the doctor put me on predizone. It was the 'visual snow' that tipped me off. That started in April when I had to go on a steroidal inhaler for Eosiniphillic Esophagitis.

Thank you for the reply. My husband and I are just going to take this thing one step at a time.

-June