So , In between posting , I got my decision

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lrning2cope, Jul 24, 2008.

1. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

for the appeal level. I lost. I read the transcript from the hearing and the judge really manipulated the facts .

It really seems that they use anything possible to keep from paying disability . Who would fight to have the type of income that disability pays if they were not certain that they couldn't work .I wouldn't . I would love to work and not have to deal with any of this.

I feel so ...I am not sure. It is so hard to fight for yourself and be pushed down like this and have people say that you can do so much that you know that there is no way that you can.

It is really disempowering the way they re-state what you said at the appeal hearing and make it sound so opposite of what you really said. The manipulation is unbelievable. My lawyer said this judge was like this , but I still had hope that for me it would be different. Well , at least I know that I am among other disapointed people who had this judge.

Also , I respect the moderators for thier decision , but I didn't think the post that I made was out of order . I did talk about people agreeing to disagree and just support each other. Was that wrong ?

2. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

Bump. Is this supposed to be on a different board? I thought it was ok here because people post favorable decisions here.
  3. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I am sorry to hear that. I know it must be frustrating and discouraging. Please keep trying. I don't know what the next step is, I think you open a new claim.

Hope you get some help navigating the maze. It is difficult.

Keep the faith,
  4. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

for responding and thinking of me. I believe , for people in Michigan where I live , that the next step is an appeal 'board' or panel. My lawyer is resolve to go all the way . She says this judge is close to being fired for consistantly giving only negative decisions. No matter what.

Apparently , my case and my records and papers where almost impossible to give a 'no' decision to. The judge is just giving negative decisions for every single case and is heading towards trouble.

That means that there are many more people than just me suffering and stressed because of this man. He needs prayer. I hope I don't get erased again for saying that, but it is the truth.

5. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Sorry you lost the appeal, sounds like you've got a good lawyer.

Holly I think you were ok on your post the moderators just have to move things when they think the posts are on the wrong board.

As long as you don't do that on a regular basis you'll be okay.

Take care
  6. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

This is just a cool thing that happened.

I was worrying about what is going to happen next with my case. I hope I get good judges , and that appeals work , and all of that stuff. Here is my Bible verse of the day :

" For the Lord is our judge,
    the Lord is our lawgiver,
    the Lord is our King;
    it is He who will save us."

Pretty cool !!!

7. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Sorry to hear you were denied. I hope you get to appeal. Prayers that you get it eventually.

8. carolannwestern

carolannwestern New Member

I also live in Michigan and I don't know of anyone else that has Fibro. I am looking for a support group but I am having no luck in finding one. I live in a small town. Ner Mt. Pleasant. I have appealed and am waiting for my date to come around. I have an attorney. I have heard that it is very hard to get anything in MI from disability.
  9. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

But the person from Michigan - I live near Kalamazoo.

Did you hear it's hard to get disability anywhere in Michigan ?
    I just can't see how anyone who is not disabled would fight to live below the poverty level on disablity payments if they weren't really disabled . I know I wouldn't .

My lawyer said that what the judge did is so wrong that she is bringing my denial papers to a hearing next week to add to my medicaid appeal . She said the papers speak for themselves . I have seen them , and the judge admits that I have more than 1 severe impairments , but that I learned from a past job how to do office work or something of the sort. He says I could be a schedular ( sp) I can't even keep myself in order let alone other people

10. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I'm so sorry for what you for going Through, I have been there done that. But when I went in front of the judge I thought for sure I had ,lost and so did my hubby and sister-in-law. I was so suprised when I got my approval letter. So what I was wanting to say is don't give up. I know you may wamt to but don't. Gentle Hugs crispangel
  11. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

Sorry to hear that but everyone keeps saying don't give up so don't. I haven't filed yet, scared to. I have the paper work from Allsup and an appointment with an attorney. Not sure which way I will go but I am going to do this. So I'm just getting started with this fun.

I'm from Michigan and hate to hear that it is tough to win in our state. Oh dear. I'm not in your county so maybe that will make a difference. Who knows.

Don't ever give up

12. pink4

pink4 New Member

here in louisiana there is a dr. who helps fibro patients to get on disability. Some of them are really scammers but for the most part they are real people suffering from fibro. We don't have any Drs. that will give pain meds stronger than ultram but we all keep trying. Hang in there and maybe your day will come pink4