So ITCHY All Over

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kimfibro, Jun 27, 2006.

1. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

the past 2 days have been so uncomfortable.

i am using hypoallergenic soap in the shower, no new meds, no new laundry detergent. weather has been the same for a few weeks now: rain, rain, humidity, some days actually cool then rain, humidity, rain rain rain!

i don't have 'hives' or redness; just constant scratching all over....my face, legs, arms, scalp. i took a cool shower about an hour ago and it's already started up again.

perhaps it's nerves?? never happened like this before. but i am due in court tomorrow for the Mediation of that breach of confidentiality (FM) from my employer. huh.

2. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Do you itch more when you get hot?? Or does it keep itching where you have scratched?? My arm pitts and the crook of my legs itch the most and my scalp...but then my legs and arms itch too..I do get hive too though...

It could be that you are eating something to cause this...I know I itch more with certain foods...Like if I eat ice cream I will itch out of control..

Are you eating any milk chocolate...or things with food additives in them...msg...or preservatives??

I find that I itch more around my period...but think about what we crave when we are under stress or when it is that time of the month...JUNK..

Maybe keep track of what you are eating and see...Once you take that food away it is easier to see what is bothering you...

I take a plain claritin when it gets to bad...Or plain benedryl...

Good luck...Let us know how it goes in court..

SherylD

3. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

no, have not eaten milk chocolate as of late. even though i started my period yesterday!!!!

i'll keep a closer eye on what i've eaten and will eat.

i'm still baffled by the bar of soap under the bedsheets which i've heard here before!!

the heat affects me in a very negative way as far as exhaustion and flaring goes. but has never included itchy all over....like crazy. the randomness of it is so odd.

well, need to tend to the file of papers i'm taking with me in the morning. then need to plan on what to wear. i'm getting so nervous now; i don't need this added stress. i've been much more anxiety-ridden since this awful saga began back in april....:(

thanks again.

4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm sorry you are in such discomfort!! Does the itching

feel internal and generalized?? That's the type I get

from my Liver problems. I take Benadryl antihistamine

when it gets to bad. Just a thought. Hope you get relief

soon.

MRDAD
  5. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

this feels like a case of the hives but without evidence and/or rash!

thanks, i am going to lie down for a while and try to be calmer. hoping that may help some.
  6. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I can think of a couple of things, but one possibility might be your meds:

Codeine and it's relatives (dihydrocodeine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc.)are notorious for the creepy-crawly itchies

I got them real bad after the birth of my daughter because they were giving me codeine. I had to be switched to hydromorphone as a result.

Check the full prescribing info for your meds - look for "pruritis"

Diabetes, liver and kidney problems can also cause itching.

Here's a link with more info:
    http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/itching.jsp

Prior to the birth of my daughter I had taken codeine after past surgeries and NOT had the itching - you can develop these side effects over time.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  7. janieb

janieb New Member

Don't notice it otherwise, but I've found some exzyma around my mouth the last week. You wouldn't think it could be dry skin with no changes in anything but the weather.

Last summer I thought our dog might have fleas and I almost treated her to death. My husband was on a hunting trip and I almost destroyed our house, treating that, too.

I have the same thing with my legs and feet right now, but he is home and the dog DOES NOT have fleas. I'm thinking it's some kind of allergy.

Good luck.

janieb
  8. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

I didn't start itching until I read these posts...thanks!!

LOL...I do have unexplained itching on my left leg. I

always blame it on dry skin and apply lotion. Boy it my

left leg soft!!

Dawn
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

typically for me it si on my shoulders...and arms..drives me crazy...i have rubbed it raw enough to leave scabs...and it also welts up in the area...

the psychiatrist said it is from my nerves,,,,

maybe an anti-anxiety med may help you...

jodie

[ advertisement ]