So mad about my health insurance! RX coverage....

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by mom2many, Nov 11, 2008.

1. mom2many

mom2many New Member

After have my health insurance for about 3 years and paying about $1,000 a month (for 9 of us) I find out we do NOT have RX coverage, we have a "discount card" for RX's. That's way my card covers almost NOTHING of my RX's. I have one that is $156.00 and my card pays only $10.00 of it!

I have over $500. worth of RX's at the pharmacy right now and can't afford to go get them. Between me and my DD all our RX's each month run almost $700. (and I'm not even on pain meds yet) and my stupid card covers maybe $15-20 dollars, that's all!

I can't get help from any of the drug makers because we made to much money last year!
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I would say its time to investigate other insurers to find plans that include prescription coverage. Or see what Walgreens or the other national chains has to offer. The prescription companies really kill us on the cost of prescriptions. Good luck.
  3. mom2many

mom2many New Member

Thanks. I really can't change, at least not right now. I'm getting ready to have a hysterectomy next month and due to my health there would be too many exclusions that the new insurer wouldn't cover.
    DH is 59 so I just joined AARP and am looking into how much that can help with RX's.