SO MAD Neuro said pain must be from depression

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, May 8, 2006.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

What an idiot! I can't even see straight I am so angry!

I said when is someone going to do more than look at my hands, poke at me a little, and prescribe some anti-depressants??? What kind of medicine are you practicing? I said I am insulted to have ANYONE imply that my symptoms are phsycosymatic. They said "well, we aren't exactly saying that"., and I said, yes you are, you are saying it's all in my head, and maybe if I just didn't have depression that maybe all of this would go away, well that's a load of crap!!!

I have a good life, and I would like to get back to it, thankyouverymuch. I told them that depression was secondary to the pain, not the other way around. how would they like to wake up @ 4 am with the same headache they went to bed with, and drag around with it all day, and the same aching hands, same fatigue every day, and be told there's nothing anyone can do. Wouldn't you be just a little upset?????

What an A$$! I just don't have time for these people.
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Good for you for telling them off. Wish I could've been there to see the expression on their faces.

May be if all of us let these idiot docs know about our discontent with their pitiful attitudes about this DD that may be and just may be it may start to hit them where it hurts. Their sense of pride thinking their helping when their not.

Jake
  3. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

of ignorance , which means you need to get a new doc. There is a plethora of info on FM being a real and miserable disease . I would copy some of it , mail it to him and tell him that " this is why I am no longer your patient " .

I was diagnosed with CFIDS by a neurologist who treated many FM patients - esp for pain. He was also VERY compassionate .

And you are so right about the depression being caused or at least exacerbated by the 24/7 misery that stresses our finances our bodies and every part of our lives .
  4. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

how I had chicken pox as an adult, and how I had almost died from undiagnosed Celiac's. For God's sake- I had cannibalized my own bone marrow to stay alive! Of course, none of this could be causing any of my pain at this point in my life!!! I am just a lonely, depressed, sad sack of crap.

Oh, my MRI even showed a bulging disc in my neck @ C-4. but it wasn't pressing far enough in their opinion to be causing me any pain.
  5. sherri_baby

sherri_baby New Member

had a bad doctor. I know exactly how you feel. I have been there and done that. It is heart breaking for us to have to go through so much. It just makes us even sicker. I am in the same boat waiting for a dx and I have been dealing with FM for over six years.

I will keep you in my prayers and I hope you will remember me in yours as well. ;)

(((soft hugs)))
    Sherri
  6. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

I'm so glad you put up your bunny paws and told em what's what!

They sound like the type who'll now put in your file that "your anger is causing your pain". *big eye roll followed by more grrrgrowling.*

I agree with the others - there are good doctors out there.

Take care,

Roseblossom
  7. starmom

starmom New Member

How can they say stuff like this and look at themselves in the mirror? I have had SOOO many docs say stuff like htis when even my THERAPIST says that I am not making up the pain or a hypochondriac.

As far as how much a disc needs to bulge to cause pain, who are they to tell you it isn't causing pain? I had C6-C7 go out. After YEARS of pain with this I finally got an MRI and had surgery.

The second doc I saw, and NOT the first one, fixed it. When they got in there to do the surgery the disc had what the doc described as over a decade of scar tissue!!! Discs can "repair" themselves, but it leaves scar tissue.

Get another Neuro, and another opinion!!!

Susie
  8. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I'm sure his next guess would be MENOPAUSE!
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

is you have a nice life...so you have to be thankful for that..just the little things...

but i think they try to treat pain w.the ad's...some people it works for and some it just doesn't..

so far i like the klonopin...i have an appt on thursday to go over an ad change or what to do next....

good luck

jodie
  10. Charleen

Charleen New Member

I am so sorry Bunny that you had to go through that. I just had the same experiences a few weeks ago with an orpethedic doc. My PCP sent me to him because I had fallen and had a big knot on my knee.
    Well he told me that my knee was find but as he looked at my chart he noticed that I had put down Fibro and the many other things I have. He looked at me and said "You know there is no such thing is Fibro!" Well I saw red beacuse I have had it and study it for a long time. I preceded to tell him he needed to go back to school and that I hope he would learn that there is Fibro. He just laughted. I wanted to grab his tie and tell him he had no idea what he was talking about.
    I told my PCP about it and he said well I guess I will get a nasty letter from him. I told him if he did i would print out some of my best Fibro research and he could send it to him.
    Please find another rhumy. That is what kind of doctor who dx me in the first place
  11. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

bunnyfluff:
    I would go see someone else who would use a whole array of tests that are available. I would double check if I were you and why not go on an anti-d so they can not say it is from depression. You can then say you take an anti-d, so it can not be that. Sometimes you have cover your tracks with these specialty doctors.

nyrofan