So Many Needs...But, God is Able

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by MamaR, Jun 19, 2006.

1. MamaR

MamaR New Member

My friends,

I came on here this morning for a few minutes. After being gone from the board for awhile, I was scrolling down and reading all the topics.

There has been so many losses in our families lately. I may not be able to read each one today, but I will. I am writing down all the names, and when in prayer I will call out the names. I know that God knows the depth of each need.

I truly feel a burden for this board... and the many needs here, so I am feeling so badly that I was gone for so long. But, I have been so very sick. I had the flu...I think. All I know is... I ached all over, and all of the stuff that went with flu and bronchitis...plus the pain from the FMS/MPS. I do feel my body getting stronger though. I hope to be back here more very soon.

I want to say THANK YOU to all that helped pray for my son Matt. He came by on Saturday and was still in a lot of pain, but I am praising God that he wasn't hurt more seriously!

Love you all......Mari
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I am glad Matt is doing better. Don't ever feel guilt for not being on the board on a regular basis. All of us merely do what we can, when we can and if we can. It is good that we do not all feel like we are heading "down the tubes" at the same time.

It seems like the old fashioned "see saw" on the playground: up and down. Am I dating myself talking about a see saw? We all take turns riding the see saw dear. I am so glad you are back Mari and remember there is no such thing as a burden here. We lay our problems out, and ask for prayer, guidance, and a feeling of togetherness.
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

so glad your feeling better, I haven"t been on for awhile. your such a sweet person to read and pray for all.
    Your surely a blessing to everyone on this board.
    I"ll pray for you to continue to get better and Blessing to you and yours.
    Sixtyslady

4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Continuing to pray for Matt's recovery from his accident and that things will turn around for him.

I'm so sorry you had the flu. I have had it in the summer before and it was awful. Has been years since I had it and I'm so grateful for that.

Are you still freezing and canning? I hope you'll feel so much better very soon.

Love & prayers,
    Faye
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

SO GOOD to hear from you! Hope you are feeling better from the flu! I didn't know you were sick at all.

What do the Dr.'s say about Matt's pain? Yes, thank God it wasn't worse.

Take your time in answering - when you are strong enough.

Sending prayers to you and your family.
    Love, Judy
  6. tlayne

tlayne Member

I am adding you and your son to my prayer list. God Bless, Tam
  7. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am on here to say thanks again! I can't say it enough to you all.

I am feeling a bit better, but now another problem.
    We received word last night that my hubby's cousin, Lucille passed away. We knew that she was bad, but she went really fast. It was breast cancer. I am praying that I can make the trip to the funeral. It is in Pensacola.....100 miles away. I dread the drive, but I need to go. I am getting ready to call for details.

Please pray for her husband, Earnest. He is in bad shape. I am worried about him. He loved her so much!!

God bless you all!

Love....Mari
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Prayers, Mari, for Earnest and his family. So sorry to hear the passing of Lucille due to breast cancer.

I hope you'll be able to make the trip well.

Love & prayers,
    Faye
  9. AnnJ

AnnJ New Member

Hi Mari,
    I am praying daily for you and your family. Glad Matt is doing better. Hope you can make the trip to support poor Earnest.
    Love & Hugs,
    AnnJ
  10. dejovu

dejovu New Member

Jesus please watch over Mari. Give her the strength to do what she needs to do.
    Be with her family in this time of sadness and fill them with reassurance that they will all be together again.
    Bless them with your Love and Understanding. I pray in your Holy Name. Amen.
  11. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

God is always with us.I'm sorry that you hurt so much.I hope that you are coming out of it.Don't worry when you can't.It's not your fault.When you are here ,you're a strong force in our prayer circle.Miss you,Linda
  12. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Just wanted to let you all know that we made it to the funeral and it went as well as could be expected. I am so very glad that we followed our hearts and went. We could just see the comfort that it brought Ernest because we made it.
    He handled it well, but I know that he will be so lonely without Lucille. Just so pleased that his favorite grandson lives next door. He promised that he would keep an eye out for him. We will call often.

Thanks for your prayers. I really needed them Wednesday night.

Only you all could have understood where I was at Wednsday night about 10:30 p.m. I had packed in such a hurry that I forgot my ear plugs. Well, I knew that it was useless to try to sleep without them....so I was out searching around the motel for a store. I was so relieved to find a grocery store/pharmacy that closed at 11:00 p.m. I tell you...the smallest things can mean so much to this old body!!

Love you all....Mari