so many questions...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skitz, Dec 2, 2002.

1. skitz

skitz New Member

Being new to FMS I have soooo many questions. I've learned so much already from the folks on this board, but more questions pop up as I learn more.

I've not been officially dx'd but have many symptoms most of you have mentioned. I've had blood work which shows my calcium level as low, hemoglobin high, and cholesterol ratio not so hot. Also low carbon-dioxide in blood. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary.

I've developed an obsession with carbs, which has caused weight gain. I feel worse when I eat them but can't seem to stop. 1)Do carbs/diet affect FMS?

One of the board members suggested Dr. Mercola's website (thanks!). I checked it out and found much great info I need to read through. 2)Has anyone tried his diet plan...does it help? 3)He recommends Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) to gain better control of oneself...it costs $100...has anyone used this? Do you recommend it?
    4)Dr. Mercola also recommends NST therapy for relief from arthritis pain...does anyone have experience with this form of therapy? 6)Has anyone ever been treated by Dr. Mercola?

7)I've seen messages about antidepressants like Xanax on FMS. Does anyone have feedback on the pros/cons of Zoloft?

I'm sure this is only the beginning of my many questions...I don't know where to start!

Thanks,
    Sharon
  2. skitz

skitz New Member

Being new to FMS I have soooo many questions. I've learned so much already from the folks on this board, but more questions pop up as I learn more.

I've not been officially dx'd but have many symptoms most of you have mentioned. I've had blood work which shows my calcium level as low, hemoglobin high, and cholesterol ratio not so hot. Also low carbon-dioxide in blood. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary.

I've developed an obsession with carbs, which has caused weight gain. I feel worse when I eat them but can't seem to stop. 1)Do carbs/diet affect FMS?

One of the board members suggested Dr. Mercola's website (thanks!). I checked it out and found much great info I need to read through. 2)Has anyone tried his diet plan...does it help? 3)He recommends Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) to gain better control of oneself...it costs $100...has anyone used this? Do you recommend it?
    4)Dr. Mercola also recommends NST therapy for relief from arthritis pain...does anyone have experience with this form of therapy? 6)Has anyone ever been treated by Dr. Mercola?

7)I've seen messages about antidepressants like Xanax on FMS. Does anyone have feedback on the pros/cons of Zoloft?

I'm sure this is only the beginning of my many questions...I don't know where to start!

Thanks,
    Sharon
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If you type 'Zoloft' in the 'Search Messages' there are a lot of threads on it. Many here use Zoloft.

You can also try some of the treatments you asked about too, if you want information from the members.

The most relief that I have gotten from Fibro was taking; 'Pro Energy'(Malic Acid & Magnesium Glycinate), and ZMA (zinc, magnesium, vitamin B-6), both can be bought from the 'Store' link, also there are some great articles on these supplements in the Store and the Library links.

I sleep very well, very deeply because of the ZMA, and along with the Pro Energy my pain is way down too.

You might want to look into this, as most of us are deficient in magnesium.

Shalom, Shirl

4. skitz

skitz New Member

Shirl, thanks for your suggestions. I'll try those searches and check into the supplements. I have so much to learn!

God Bless,
    Sharon
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Regarding your question about diet: Yes, diet seems to be critical to us and carbs are our worst enemy next to stress. Use the search feature here and search on "diet" to bring up all the posts where we have discussed diet.

Love, Mikie