So many symptoms of MS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Apr 18, 2006.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I am going to a neuro tomorrow, and I have so many symptoms of MS. I wonder if it is okay to bring this up? I am not trying to do my own diagnosis, but I was stunned at how many of them fit me. My pain does not fit the typical "tender points" type of description, anyway, it is all neurological in it's basis, just happens to be in the same types of places as FMS, I think.

Does anyone know what types of things they can figure out from the initial visit?? Is a spinal tap the only difinitive test for MS?

Thanks again for y'alls help!
  2. Bren5

Bren5 New Member

My neurologist prescribed MRI's & bloodtests initially, but the final diagnose came after a spinal tap. This was back in 1997, I was scared to death to have the spinal tap done (feared the headache I had heard horror stories about), but in actuality it went very well. I barely felt the stick and never got the headache. I did follow orders to the "T" and layed down for the recommended time.
  3. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

If you do have a spinal tap and you do get the headache, go back and have them do a blood patch. Stops the headache within minutes.

The headache is caused by fluid leaking. Sometimes they don't heal like they are suppose to. Take it from my I suffered with the worst headache, and after my third visit I found out that a simple draw of blood to patch the hole from the spinal, and I could stand, eat, and drink water again.

I pass this on to everyone. No one should have to suffer the way I did.