So Much More To CFS/FM Than Just The Aches/Pain and Fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Aug 19, 2009.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

After 8 years I have given up on trying to figure this darn DD out..just trying to cope and make the best of it.

Do any of you have a lot of different symptoms other than pain , aches and fatigue? If so would you mind sharing them with me.

I have mostly CFS the doc thinks I have FM also but the CFS is the most disabling for me. Not only do I have the body aches to the bone, the fatigue but there is dizziness, vertigo, weird head feeling, anxiety , depression, vision problems, ringing in my ears 24/7, tingling in my body,unable to be active, chronic sinusitis, UTIs, oh I could go on but these are my biggies.

Then there will be a day that I can fell almost normal and it seems l have died and gone to heaven, of course these are far and few between and never last.

Now when I start telling my doc all this he just seems to ignore me, no comfort, explainations, no futher test , I feel like he thinks I am just a basket case, which I am but not my choice.

The doc I had has moved and I don't care for this one, in fact he doesn't want to give xanax or any benzos and so far that is the only drug I have found that gives me some comfort. Yes, I am looking for a new doc but we have such a shortage here in this small town and the ones here don't get CFS..they still think its depression.

Thanks and God Bless,
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Glad you have a doctor that will work with you, it sure makes a difference. Like I said we have such a shortage here and the ones that are left aren't very interesting in anything but simple cases.

There are not any support groups in this area. In fact I am the only one that I know that has CFS. I do know a few that say they have FM but are able to work and are not on any meds so I question do they or do they not.

The only Rx med I take is Xanax and the new doc doesn't even want to write me a script for that. I have never taken as much as my Rx calls for and would never abuse them so it really made me dislike him even more and I do not plan on going back unless its necessary.

I do think having a doctor that comforts, supports and believes you is a must. So many different symptoms on different days guess that is why they doubt and even I myself doubt at times.

God Bless,