So Much More To CFS Than Fatigue!! Please List

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Oct 29, 2009.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Would you please list some of you CFS symptoms other than fatigue. I get so upset when others think its only fatigue . Do you ever hear Oh, I get tired too.

Here is a short list of some of my symptoms and then at times I wonder if it is all in my head.

Like, weakness, off balance, vertigo, body aches to the bone, days you can't get out of bed,
    anxiety/depression , intolerate to activities, mental and physical, can't stand crowds, lights, sounds and just talking on the phone gets to me. There are more and vary from day to day.

It seems I am getting worse and want to do so much but my body or mind won't let me. I would love to be able to go shopping, to take a trip, or just get up and be normal doing everyday activities. When I try I am knocked down soI am trying to figure out what to do with me being housebound.

2. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

Well, you missed a major one, cognitive problems, such as placing things in the wrong place, like I put my bank deposit in my mail box, leaving the oven on, going off and leaving the front door standing open, etc.

Others I noticed: muscle weakness, easy bruising, vertigo, morning hang over feeling, out of breath from walking up stairs, ringing in the ears, numbness and tingling in left hand, aching in my legs every night, mental fog to the point of almost being in a trance, nausea, headaches, hot flashes, insomnia, loss of interest in sex, hoarseness and sore throat. That's all of mine that I can remember.

My mother noticed a balance problem. I never noticed it.

3. greatgran

greatgran Member

Yes, all of the above also I have the horrible sinus/ear issues.

God Bless,
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

symptoms are: lack of energy; brain fog; sleep disturbance; depression.

Now I have some additional symptoms, maybe due to aging. I am

I often see flashing lights when I wake up. May last for half an hour.
    My sense of balance is going. I often grab a wall to keep from falling.
    And my brain fog has been replaced by Alzheimer's which is considerably

What is really terrible is that so many of us have CFS or FM plus a bunch
    of other stuff. It's like constantly being reminded life isn't fair. Isn't easy

Good thing I've kept my stunning good looks and my sense of humor.