So much pain and surgery ahead, so depressed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Willowsway, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Willowsway

Willowsway New Member

I just recently started posting on these boards and I can't tell you how much you have helped me. Right now I am at home today because the pain was too bad to work. I have surgery scheduled to repair my left achellies tendon and I will be in a cast for 3 months at least, then I will have to have my right on fixed also. I have always had problems with depression, my husband suffers from a chronic blood disorder and he has clots all over his body. I lost him 3 times and God saw fit to let him live 3 years ago. He is a great support to me, but I hate being a burden to him. Just this last week my mother almost died and I spent quite a bit of time at the hospital, thus contributing to my pain. When will this end? I fear never, so I just need some help to continue and not to give up. There is not one joint or muscle in my body that does not hurt. It even hurts my hands to type...but I have to get help somewhere.Please help me, give me some ideas that will help ease my pain. I have arthritis, and fibro. I am also overweight....dear God help me! Tina
  2. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Tina:

While I do not have the answers you are searching for, I do understand what you are going through. All we can do is take it one day at a time...and if that is too much, one hour at a time.

I understand you are going through a lot with your own health, your husband's health and your mothers. All that stress seems to make our symptoms worse. Are you taking any meds for the FMS? Or the arthritis (is it osteo or rheumatoid?).

You need to find out what works for you and try to stick to it. Trying to lose weight during a stressful time also is very difficult. Some people here have done very well with glycemic diets...which are what diabetics use. If we can figure out which foods either trigger our symptoms or make them worse, and then eliminate that food, we will see improvement.

I know that warm water exercises really help me. I go to a local YMCA where you need a doctor's note to be in the classes. If that is not possible for you, you can do exercises in a warm pool, or even a spa.

Glad that you have gotten good support and info from this board. There are lots of good people who have tried many different treatments and who are kind enough to share their experiences.

Good luck, and hope things get better for your as soon as possible.

Ingrid