So no one has IBS-C?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jan 7, 2010.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I posted this last night and although 42 people looked at it, only one responsed. Is it that no one has this problem???

Original Post:

Today I had the WORST bloating ever and PAIN! Oh my gosh! The past few days I could feel my insides swell up when I ate and it was like a ballon pushing against my sides at my back. Is this IBS-C possibly? I have the IBS-D occasionally but never this before. I am so desperate I just drank some generic MOM which is SO HORRIBLE AND THICK I can't drink but a small amount at one time or that stuff is coming right back up! Yuck!

This morning it was awful. I could still taste what I ate last night when I burped (sorry to be gross) and I was bloated beyond belief so I took Alka Seltzer AND baking soda in water AND gas x. It went down but when I ate my sandwich at lunch I was a bit uncomfortable. I ate ice cream last night and i know that can cause a problem so I won't do that tonight, but I was wondering what this might be.

Thanks and God Bless
    [This Message was Edited on 01/08/2010]
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Have you considered that possibly you have either gluten intollerance or Celiac Disease? According to Dr Oz, people are over-diagnosed with IBS when in fact it is a gluten problem. Just something to consider :)
  3. quanked

quanked Member

I am not sure what this is for sure. I sometimes have problems with bloating. Baking soda works sometimes--I also rub my stomach. Sometimes just moving around helps. I do not know what causes it.

4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Are you actually constipated? If so, then it could be IBS-C. Just having that feeling could be part of IBS, whether it's C or D. Could also be that you just had an intestinal episode or gas that people get sometimes.

For years I had IBS -C. Won't go into detail, but it wasn't pleasant that's for sure. About 10 years ago, I went full circle to IBS-D - THAT was absolutely horrible. Afraid to leave the house etc. along with the pain, cramping etc.

Isn't it just so much fun all of the little things we deal with??

Great advice by others. If it continues I'd get it checked out. Kind of keep track of what you're eating to see if there's a pattern at all. I sometimes get that feeling although unfortunately I can't tie it to anything, hoping that maybe you can.
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

When my FM came back I was having symptoms of ovarian cancer and had the blood test to rule it out. Better safe that sorry. Seems to be gas mostly. Embarassing but not fatal. And I agree that IBS D would be far, far worse cause I have had that some. This was very painful but still better than being in the bathroom all day.