SO PROUD, bragging on my kids

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starmom, Jun 19, 2006.

1. starmom

starmom New Member

We had auditions for a summer theatrical production at our community theater today. It is ALL kids, they audition Mon and perform Sat - 2 shows back to back!

My 14yo has NEVER wanted to do anything like this before. He auditioned and got a BIG part!

My 10 yo has done this particular theater co (they travel and come to our town for 1 week each summer - but 2 weeks and 2 different productions this year!) last year with a bit part. This year she is Assistant Director!! They first asked only 12yo's and up, but then specifically asked her!! She has to be REALLY responsible!!

My 6 yo has a hard time with loud noisy places, Sensory Integration Disorder. But he has seen his sister in numerous plays and wanted to try out. He was the BEST in his age group (4-7's). LOTS of mom's told me this, and so did the adult director!! LOUD, clear, and expressive right on cue!!

I can't wait for the show!!! Of course, it will be a lot of driving for me, but they have a really comfy lobby that I can rest or read or nap in!

And next week they try out for the 2nd production by this theater company!!

I really have great kids!!

Susie
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

good job little ones

jodie
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Take lots of pictures.
  4. Juloo

Juloo Member

I wasn't involved in theater until I was in high school, and I did some community theater (stage managing, also costume and set design) during and after college.

Being involved in theater is really great for kids -- the lessons they'll get in communication and presenting themselves effectively...not to mention organization and working in a group!

Good for them! You have every right to brag!