So sad today, couldn't make it to my daughter's soccer game...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by busybusymom, Oct 8, 2005.

1. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Just venting here. I had it all planned that I would go to my daughter's soccer game today, and come time to go, I was just too weak and exhausted. I was in tears - the guilt was so overwhelming, but most of all I was so ANGRY that my body and mind were so fatigued I couldn't budge to do anything!!

Of course my husband leaves, with no question as to why I was crying. I really needed a hug or at least a lousy pat on the back, just so I knew it was OKAY I wasn't going.

I can't stand it!!! UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer
  2. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

I'm so sorry you didn't get a little validation. You just want to be understood and accepted.

I validate you and understand you really wanted to go if you could have. Don't worry too much over it. Relax and try to make the rest of the day a good one for you. Perhaps talk to your daughter later on. She probably understands.

Tender heart5 hugs,
    Maree
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

You ARE a good mom. Not making it to a child's soccer game takes that away.

I know those guilt feelings. Just kick their butts right out of your home!

DH's can get overwhelmed too. Hopefully, he will be smart enought to come home and lavish you with love and affection.

Big, soft, comfy hugs to you Sweetie..

Kim
  4. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Thanks for the nice words. I know we all feel like this at times.

Jennifer
  5. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

Dear Jennifer,

I can certainly identify with you.

When my oldest son was 13 and my youngest was 6, I missed every single one of their baseball then football games. For over a year I could barely get from the bed to the couch. I slept for 15 to 18 hours a day,(in bed 4 hours up 30 minutes, in bed 4 hours and up 30 minutes...etc) and that year is still a blurr in my memory.

I look back now at our big "Group" (aunts,uncles, cousins) family pictures (Easter, Thanksgiving etc..) from that year and I cannot even remember being there. (Thanksgiving I was not there because I did not have the energy to travel. I cannot remember my youngest sons 1st grade year nor his teacher. This was such a horrible year for me with this DD.(it was actually the first year that I was diagnosed with FM and I spent that year trying to find my way back from total exhaustion.)

Sometimes I am still sad that I had to miss that year, but I could not function at all during that time. I barely could shower and dress myself, and sometimes didn't for 2 or 3 days in a row! I would have to decide each morning if I needed to do a load of laundry or take a shower that day because I would not have the energy to do both!

Today my life is nothing like what it was before that crash/burn period, which sent me to bed for such a long time. But at least I seldom miss my childrens athletic functions!

Slowly I have come to realize that my house my never be "clean" again...but at least I can keep the laundry done, supper cooked and the dishes washed and go watch my boys play even if I can no longer play with them in their out of doors activities.

For that much of my life back I am very thankful.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that there is always something you can be thankful for.... If 1 game is all you have to miss don't beat yourself up...instead be thankful that you get to see the rest of her games! Even if you only get to see one game, you can be thankful that you were able to go see that one game. We have enough going on in our lives already that we sure do not need to feel guilty over things we cannot control.

Maybe the next game day you can plan some down time before her game in order to be sure you have enough "spoons" left to go sit and watch her play.

Special hugs to you sweetie!

6. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Jennifer