So Scared

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I got the notice today that it is time for my mammo again. Everytime I have problems and Mom died of breast cancer. It always scares me so much. Please just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I would appreciate any and all prayers.

2. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Ruthie
  3. Lindaanne

Lindaanne New Member

I know that scared feeling once I got something it became dread every year. One thing that does give you piece of mind is also getting an breast ultrasound which is an extra look inside. I get both every year.
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I got my notice 3 months ago and have received 2 more.

You'd think they'd get the hint.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to go.

With your family history it seems like it could give you peace of mind when it comes out clean.

Take care
  5. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

My current PCP is urging me at each appt to go and get the mammogram procedure.

It seems he does not hear me when I say that I'd be willing to undergo the breast ultrasound procedure which my insurance doesn't seem to cover; also have checked with our two local hospital labs and found that neither will perfom the ultrasound & submit charges to my insurance.

Indeed, it seems that the local hospitals do not have the proper equipment to administer a MediCare/ MedicAid-covered breast ultrasound.

Yes, I am a wimp and feel there is pain enough already in this life. Also I suspect that one or more of the several things from which I will never recover will, likely, take me out of this life before breast cancer can get the chance to do that.

Be all that as it may, I admire your courage in being willing to accept the mammogram.

Good luck wishes speeding their way to you.

6. poets

poets Member

I understand completely. I think we all get a bit freaked out by mammograms. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I haven't been able to have one for going on two years. Our insurance is lousy and leaves us with too much out of pocket, so I can't afford one every year. At least not without getting threatened by a collection agency. So when I finally get to where I can afford one, it's usually been a few years. That's really scary!

7. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

The reason I keep going even though I don't want to is I made a promise to my Mom on her deathbed that I would have one every year no matter what, the only time I have missed was when I didn't have health insurance coverage. I think of her while I am having it done and know she has to be watching down on me. Thanks to all of you again.
    Gentle Hugs
  8. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I fell much better knowing that there a people who know

what I am going through. Not only with this particular

problem, but with my fms/cfs and other ailments. I feels

nice to talk to people who are going through the same thing

even though I wish none of us were going through this DD.

I am very lucky though I have a sweetheart of a hubby who

does everything and anything he can to understand this DD.

He has Carpal Tunnel syndrome or he would massage my back

so instead he tries to find me massagers I can use myself.

Also he is so sweet when we go to wat-mart he always wants

to get me one of those motorized carts so I don't have to

walk. I count myself lucky and unworthy for him, I hate him

having to do so much for me when he could be with a healthy

woman with less problems than I do. With this Mammo he will

be right there beside me through the whole thing and also

the waiting room will befilled with people. My older brother

his wife and her mother who is the only mother figure I

have anymore. Then they usually take to breakfast, I am so

lucky and unworthy to be this lucky, it makes me

uncomfortable to have people who are so supportive, I don't

know why, guess I need therapy? Well I better go.

Thanks Again Crispangel

P.S. Forgot to mention that both women who will be there for me also have fms and my brother has lupus and a seizure disorder, something Huh? Well Bye

9. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I'm glad you have so much support. :)

10. stumped

stumped New Member

Absolutely. Your in my prayers and thoughts for peace, calm and good health.......Rick
  11. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

I know it must be very frightening when you lost you mom to breast cancer. I will say a prayer for you and add you to my nightly prayers. Let us know when it is over and you can breathe again.