So sick after doctor's appointment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Apr 5, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hi all:
    I dragged myself out of bed at 6:30 this morning for an 8am appointment with the doctor. I knew I did not feel good and as the day has progressed: I feel worse. I am sick to my stomach, can not get off of the couch because my legs are cramping and I feel like someone with a 'really bad flu'.
    I have both FM/CFS, but isn't it ironic that I go to the doctor and get sicker. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

hugs,
    NyroFan
  2. mamaeagle0103

mamaeagle0103 New Member

My appt is at 4:30 and it is with my Pain Management doctor so it can't be missed and I wake up with a migraine!!! Oh well, doubled up on meds and coping
  3. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

but I guess its better to look and feel sick when you go to the dr instead of looking and feeling good when we are really sick

Suzette
  4. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Nyro,
    Sorry to hear you are unwell. I went into a really bad flare when I was first dx'd seeing the rheumatologist for the "follow-up" to all the tests. It lasted a good couple weeks.

I am only just coming to realize how sensitive I am to stressors now. Not enough sleep, unpleasant dx, illnesses that are "regular" to everyone else but me.

I'm just greatful that it is possible for me to feel better with med. and supplement support, diet, yoga.

Hope you feel better.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Thank You:
    You have a way of making me feel not so alone.
    You have no idea what your kind words mean to me.
    As an update: I started shaking and felt like I had to throw up. I feel like I was run over by a truck.
    I know the doctors appointment was kind of early for me and getting up at 6:30 this morning when I was so exhausted did not help. I am finally starting to level off.

Thank you for answering. It means the world to me!

Hugs,
    NyroFan