So sick of the non-stop rain!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aryiella, May 31, 2003.

1. aryiella

aryiella New Member

I sware it seems like all of April and May have brought nothing but rain. I feel like maybe we've had 7 days max of sunshine w/no rain so far. It's driving me nuts. I suffered through a horrible winter up here waiting desperately for spring and summer and this is what we get. I'm in Pittsburgh by the way. Is anyone else just about going nuts from this? I am planning to move to FL in the next couple years by the beach, I just can't take this crap weather anymore. On top of this, I've been unemployed since 3/31, and have to start working again f/t on Monday. Ugh. My fatigue and pain is still just as bad since my last job, maybe worse. My life outside of work is going to be back to "non-existant". It was nice actually being able to keep up with chores and errands for once.

Holly
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I am in Northern Kentucky. This was the worst winter in years, snowing all the time. Now raining all the time.
    YUCK

I was unemployed from Nov to Jan. Have already changed jobs once since then hoping to find something not as stressful, although it is low paying.

So I hear ya. I work and sleep and that is about it. Weekends are for laundry and the grocery and cleaning a bit.
    And sleeping.

Take care
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are welcome to send all your rain my way! We are having noting but heat(92 degrees today) and humidity. It has not rained here in almost two months.

Its so dusty that when the wind blows its like living in the desert, my dogs look like they are coated in yellow powder.

It does not help the sinus either. So, send your rain this way, it would be appreciated!

Shalom, Shirl

Ps. I am in Louisiana!
  4. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

I live on the water Tampa Bay. It is sooo beautiful and so much to watch exotic wild big bird, dolphin,manatee,turtle.otters. Lots of sun and heat but Ilove the heat. I lived outside of Cleveland,raised there so I could never go back even though my mom wants me to. Just can not live in that climate, it doe`s get depressing. Please look forward and make plans if this is is your goal, it was mine I am not sorry,even though I have been quite ill. It may not improve your health but mentally the beauty helps. I just wish I was better, there is so much to do and enjoy if you choose this area. I am always willing to help.

Hang in there the sun will shine on you! Hugggss~~~~~

[This Message was Edited on 06/03/2003]
  5. aryiella

aryiella New Member

Linda,

Yes, let's build an ark and float down the Mississippi, lol!

Princess,

I would've thought you guys would've escaped most of this crap. I guess KY isn't that far south as I thought though. Yes, the winter was absolutely horrible w/the bitter temps and snow every day. I can't wait for the day I never have to drive in snow again. I can't believe I've never had an accident....driving in snow makes me an absolute nervous wreck.

Shirl,

I can't believe it's so dry in LA! If I could send you this rain I would!

Kerry,

Tampa/St.Pete is where I had in mind (I love the Gulf coast), although may consider Clearwater or Sarasota too. I don't care as long as I'm 15 minutes from a beach and in a safe neighborhood. It would be a dream come true. I'm just mad that I've wasted 28 years already in this ugly, crappy-weather city. Wish I had born down in FL. My Mom is actually going to move with me. She knows how bad the weather is on me w/depression and fatigue and allergies. We both have to get our debts paid off first though, and save up some money, then we should be good to go. I don't think I could do it alone.

Holly
  6. herekitty

herekitty New Member

Save some of that rain for me! I live on the TX Gulf coast, and we have had no rain for the entire month of May, and are over 12 inches behind for the year. Yesterday and today were over 100 degrees, following lots of days in the 90's. What has got into the weather?
    Kitty =^..^=
  7. Notonline

Notonline New Member

South of Pittsburgh myself, close to WV line. I'm waiting for the house to start sliding down the hill! Uggghh!!

Shirl I'd send you some gladly if I could LOL! More than enough here lately.

P.s. Kitty, you can have some too, enough to go around!!!

Danny
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2003]
  8. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

Pittsburgh area here too. Well actually Greensburg. I am originally from Sarasota lived there 30 years, so I am familiar with the climate differences.

I would suggest going to Florida in August if possible to stay for a few weeks. Check out the heat and the humidity and see how it affects your fibro. All of us are different, but I am much more comfortable up here than I was in Florida.
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm sending my daughter there to live!! She loves rain, no matter how many days on end it is! We are in Kansas where we have a pretty good drought going, so we need more rain------we'll take some of yours gladly!!

My husband & I always say that our daughter will live in Seattle or Portland when she grows up.....

Hope it gets better for you there!

Hugs,
    Pam
  10. coyote

coyote New Member

Everyone I know is complainging about being depressed about how much rain we've had. I'm in Boston, and we do need an ark.
    A friend of mine in S. Dakotat says they are having no rain there, and have even had fires in the mountains already.
    My bones definitely don't like this weather. Today was sunny and warm, for a change, but there is more rain on the way tomorrow, and my hands and feet are aching like I'm 98 years old.
    Oh, Florida.........
  11. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I remember you posted this a few days ago and it is still raining here !
    My mom is out west and she says she will take all we can send. Too bad we don't know how to do that.
    I do like the cooler temps though :)
  12. aryiella

aryiella New Member

The weather forecast is calling for RAIN the next 4 out of the 5 days. Will it ever end?