so TIRED of being "normal"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SICKim514, Feb 20, 2009.

1. SICKim514

SICKim514 New Member

I'm tired of knowing that something is not right, yet every test comes back "normal." How can someone be nauseous and vomiting and have stomach pain constantly for 2 1/2 months yet all is "normal." I feel like I wasted my time on that EGD, which was the worst test of my life, just to find out I'm "normal." Then someone at work yesterday had the nerve to tell me it's probably psychological. Seriously, is this really all in my head??? Because if it is I want a brain transplant! I just don't believe that all this pain and sickness could really be in my head. Please tell me this will end??? Please tell me they'll find SOME reason why I feel so terrible???
  2. have you have a stomach emptying test? I did and mine doesn't empty and I have gastroparesis. I hope you don't, its he$$.

I had to laugh tho', with all the pain I live with, my gp nurse called and said "all your blood work came back normal" I told my husband what a joke, normal but why do I feel so bad then.
  3. kbak

kbak Member

No your not crazy, just haven't had the right tests. Have you seen a gastro doc for your stomach problem's? If your seeing a family practice doc your going to get nowhere. Also, many people here that are sick have stealth viruses. Very hard to Dx. People that are well have no sympathy or clue what it is to suffer everyday.

Hope you find the right help soon,
  4. sascha

sascha Member

when i was first starting off to find answers to why i was sick all the time. it was so awful- i couldn't get well. one set of symptoms would subside and another would start up, and back to Emergency care/doctor i would go. all tests revealed was a low thyroid- i started medication for that thinking, Great- now i'll get better; but i didn't.

regular AMA approaches don't unearth our more subtle problems in their normal testing. i went to an alternative medical practice that did the deep-down testing and they found plenty wrong- with my gut (inflammation, IBS); with my blood (sugar), with my adrenal system (cortisol way our of whack), and i had a bad yeast condition. i started natural treatments for these conditions and got some improvement.

this is a very complicated condition. it is NOT in your head. try to find a doctor who will work with you on this. i have a very good primary care physician, but she doesn't know anything about cfids. she helps me by supporting first of all the fact that i am ill; and she helped me when i went through valcyte treatments with another doctor.

we want so much more than symptomatic relief, which is why we need to find all we can in terms of possible treatments for ourselves. there is a lot of information (and misinformation also, unfortunately) online- but you can find out a lot for yourself if you just keep searching.

back posts on this site might bring you ideas also. don't pay attention to people who say it's psychological- they don't really know so that's their catch-all conclusion. i've gotten a bunch of that, too. YOU know. depression, etc., doesn't CAUSE the condition in PWC, but it can be something that crops up as a result of being ill, so don't overlook that possibility and deal with it if you need to. and GOOD LUCK- Sascha
  5. LadyCarol

LadyCarol Member

Have you had any allergy and/or toxin testing done yet or have allegies/toxins been ruled out ?

Note, the medical profession don't have tests for everything so it's no surprise they haven't yet found out what's causing or triggering your health issues.
  6. toddm

toddm New Member

Hang in there, keep your head up and moving forward. This all not in your head, like others have said you have a few tests left and other things to find out. I have all of the same stomach problems, transit time of 120 hours. All of the same symptoms you'll hear on here. My last test, a tilt table may have tied everything together. Dysautonomia, CFS, sleep distrubances. I hope you find a doctor that can help, and always remember to stay positive, don't let it get you down. When you have a question or problems just send a note out on the message board, someone on here is sure to have been through it already.
  7. loto

loto Member

it seems hopeless, but someday you'll get the answers
  8. GKTLA

GKTLA New Member

I saw an episode of "mystery diagnosis" recently whereby a woman was experiencing lots of nausea and vomiting and stomach pain and it was related to something to do with her heart. I'm sure this is a loooooooooooooong shot but I just wanted to put it out there. Also, endometriosis/female reproductive issues can really wreck havoc with digestion as well.