So Tired of the Hoops we jump through for SSD VENTING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sfrazier, Apr 27, 2006.

1. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Well once again I was denied disability. Had a hearing and recieved the denial today. Basicly they said that while I had fibro and chronic fatigue and migrains I was over stating how sever it was. They also said in the findings that my fuctional compasity test I was fine. Well I have never even had one of these test so how would they know and yes I have had depression and migrains for many years now and have worked with it and did not go to the hospital emergency room for every migrain because of this they say I should still be able to.

Now my attorney has another 60 days to decide if they are going to appeal it or not. I'm so tired of this. If I push myself and work through the pain and the depression and the headaches I will be punished when it gets to be too much to do all of that and take care of two teenage girls.

I am soo disappointed and depressed over this. I was told that if my attorney decided not to appeal I would have to start the whole process over again.

I have lost just about everything since I have been sick. I have no car, got lucky that there was something called transitional housing in my area and finally got approved for section 8 otherwise I would be homeless with my kids. Thank god for small favors and that is my ex husband pays child support every week but still it comes no where close to taking care of teenagers.

Maybe this will sound better in a couple of days but right now it just feels like the rug was pulled out from underneath me. I just don't know what to do now and I hate feeling that I cheated my kids out of a little money just because I worked when I was sick. Guess that will teach me. Thanks to all for listening.

SueF
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am still waiting...and was told the only way i would be able to get mine is if say i am homeless...i have been on the waiting list for 4 years...i have veterans points, disability pts...etc..

maybe your attorney can ask the judge for a closed period approval up to the date of the hearing date...call them ask themmmm

i was approved like that...then after you apply the second time...you should win your case easily...at the initial filing...

that is what happened to me..

jodie
  3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

What is a closed period approval? I've never even heard of that. I'm really sorry to hear in your state it takes that long go get into section 8. I know I have things to be thankful for but to be told that I am over stating my problems and pain really hurt and upset me. I hate liars and everyone that knows me knows that I do over state anything. Guess maybe I should have complained a long time ago. I thought I was being a good worker and a good mom. Who knew. Thanks for the closed period thing. I will ask my attorney about that Monday. Getting ready to move this weekend so I'll leave it be till we are in our new appartment.

SueF
    [This Message was Edited on 04/27/2006]
  4. gerrijohnson315

gerrijohnson315 New Member

I have applied twice for SS and am awaiting appeal hearing. I have an attorney now. They say, just like you, that because I pushed myself to work (to support two boys) that it looks bad on me. I haven't been able to physically or mentally work since February and I have three doctors backing me up. I am hoping that those things will make a difference, however, they say they are over a year behind on the hearings. I have been waiting over a year. What I want to know is how do they expect people to survive while they wait for all these hoops??
    Gerri
  5. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

The thing with Disability is that they don't expect you to be able to live. The longer it takes the more people stop filing. They make it harder on people i think on purpose so that you won't keep the process going. I do think though that I am going to write my congress man about the decision and see what they have to say about it. They have been keeping track of my hearing stuff because I wrote to them once about it so maybe they can do something about it. It says somewhere in my findings that even if i don't appeal it the next step can decide to review it themselves. Who knows. I hope your hearing goes better then mine cause I just don't think it's fair to punish people just because they push themselves to work to stay off of welfare.....SueF
  6. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I am in a simular position. FIghting LTD and SSDI,

I have ssen MORe Dr's than I care too. Like today its sunny out and I want to do everything I used too!!!!

My brain says yes, my body says( Dr. Phil here ) What are
    you thinking???

YOu one thing one day and you pay several days later.

I got turned down for ssdi last yr and waiting a hearing.

One Dr I only saw one time......said...I can hear normal conversation. I am hearing impaired in both ears. And cant hear squat in alot of places, hense I dont go out.

WIsh things were better for ALL of us.

7. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Ssdi hearing has not even been scheduled yet and they have had the paperwork for 2 weeks. It takes 16 months to get a hearing and because of my age and my dx my attorney says I am fighting an uphill battle.

Tracy
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

closed period is basically the judge agreeing that you were not doing so hot during those months,,,but you are feeling better to go back to wrok...ending date would /could be the hearing date....then after two months of being approved and you are still unable to work or do a work attempt..then you go file on that two month or after...

search out disabilitysecrets...

i would call you attorney to see if you judge will at least offer that opposed to nothing...

jodie