SO Tired Today! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Sep 9, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Actually, this has been a pretty good week in some respects. My hand and arm are better...the problem was FM but arthritis and tendonitis. I have been going to therapy and it has helped so much. I don't think I'll need a cortisone shot. Hooray.

But I have been so tired. Spent Wednesday in bed and now am contemplating going back to bed again as I just can't get moving. I have been up, eaten breakfast, done some computer work, and I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Does this happen to others? Just can't get going some days? It seems I have a real down day one day a week, but this is the second in 3 days...just so tired.

How do you guys handle this sort of thing? I just end up sleeping, but there must be something I can do to get more energy. Any help, suggestions, ideas, experciences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for any help you can give. Hope your days are all going well.

Yawn!
    Sue
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I too have days like that. I notice it more when I spend quite a bit of time in my basement sewing. I don't know if I need more sun or what the deal is but I make myself go upstairs and I open all the drapes to let the sun in. It does not help right away but eventually I do start to feel better.

When I have those days I don't want to do anything - don't want to talk to anyone - I just want to be by myself and rest.

Wish you the best
    Kelly
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sue:
    I have my coffee pot on 'Timer' and all I do is get up, take all my meds, a large cup of coffee and head back to bed. For whatever reason that makes me comfortable enough to get up and do a few things before the crash. It might be a terrible thing to say but: my coffee is as strong as a quadruple expresso. It helps in the a.m. though, for me.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

Last Sunday I slept until 10am. I got up, ate and showered. I had to lay back down. I slept until 4pm. There was no possible way that I could have done anything other than that. Sometimes you just have to get the rest.

It may sound silly but the COMEDY Channel really helps me. Laughing seems to really help me out. It lifts my mood and makes me forget about everything for awhile. I've thought about picking up a few comedian stand up DVD's just for that purpose!

I think fatigue is almost worse than pain. Be kind to yourself...Take care. Sending hugs your way !
  5. joncyn1990

joncyn1990 New Member

Hi Sue,

Tired is my middle name now. Doesn't seem to matter how much I sleep, what meds I take or don't take - I am always out of energy.

All the docs and 'experts' say to do small tasks, so I try to pace myself and accomplish things a bit at a time, but sometimes I end up sitting or lying down after only 10 minutes of being up and around. It makes me want to tell those folks to walk around in our shoes for an hour and see how much they accomplish!!!!! :p

Hang in there and feel free to nap along with the rest of us!

Cyn

6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

This board is so great, as if I called my mom and told her I was tired, she'd tell me to just get moving, it would pass. You know what I'm talking about.

So, I did lie down for a couple hours, then got up, made the bed, took the shower liner down and scrubbed it out in the backyard, rehung liner and curtain, tokk some things to the car for the thrift store, made a meatloaf for dinner...ready to go in the oven...and now I'm pooped! Again, but at least I got those things done.

Sometimes it just takes longer; sometimes...like Wednesday...it just doesn't work. I stayed in bed all day. So glad all worked out to be somewhat active today and to be up when my dear husbanc comes home from work. He is very understanding, but I feel bad when he comes home from working all day, and there is nothing for dinner and I'm in my jammies. It's my problem, but that's the way it is.

Hope you all had a good day. We'll all just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings; I, for one, can never predict what I will feel like from day to day.

Thank you again for the hugs and best wishes and UNDERSTANDING!

Sue
  7. Nancy

Nancy New Member

I just posted under another posting about discovering I have sleep apnea. I was diagnosed four years ago with fibro and never have been told that I might have trouble with sleep. I have been disabled with fibro and thought the exhaustion was part of it. Well, after my daughter's insistance, I was tested this week and found out I've been struggling with sleep! Over 80% of fibro patients that are tested for sleep disorders have one. I was stunned! Found out that I am only really "sleeping" 2 hours a nite (I thought I slept all the time!), and when I did sleep...I am stop breathing over and over...until my brain tells my body to breathe...I don't wake up..I just start the pattern over again. I've been depriving my brain/body of oxygen and rest each night....no wonder I've been exhausted and can't think. I thought only if you snored..you had sleep disorder. Not true...I have apnea that just causes my body to stop breathing..no sound...until my "primitive" brain tells me to breathe...then I do it all over again... Thank goodness, my daughter insisted I get tested...I had no idea that fibro patients have such a high degree of sleep disorders.... they are just beginning to really find out what's going on with us! Good luck..
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

all of that exhaustion is. But I've learned after 12 years
    of living with CFS to ride the waves of energy when I have
    them; and when I'm exhausted to sleep or read. It took
    time not to feel guilty, but allow myself peace of mind
    also about caring for myself.
    I used to love to cook, but had to stop, until I started
    using a slow cooker. You can make the recipes as easy
    as you need to.
    If I have a few days in my nightgown; I will dress up
    as soon as I feel better.
    When I first got sick, I was so bedridden - I could hardly get up at all, but my energy has definitely
    improved.
    It's so important to learn to take care of yourself
    in a new way. NO GUILT ALLOWED. :)
  9. SingFMAway

SingFMAway New Member

I definitely have a problem with that fatigue, too. One day last week I woke up early, felt pretty good, had breakfast, did some computer work and fell asleep on the sofa. I was way late for work! Thankfully, they are understanding.

What usually helps me is to move around a bit to get the blood moving. I don't do step aerobics or anything, but yoga or similar stretches and such could help. I've read that it's better to do your best to stay awak during the day. (Sometimes it's not possible, I know.)

I've been so frustrated lately because I used to be a morning person. Now I finally come out of the fog around 1pm! It's just not fair.

Good luck. I hope tomorrow is better for both of us.

SingFMAway
  10. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Rest when your body tells you too, Sweetie!

You haven't been home from vacation very long. I flare everytime we take vacation. The fatigue is horrid. Listen to your body and you will start to feel better. No matter how long this lasts, rest!

Do half of what you think you can do during this time. I have found, to my dismay, that everything waits. DARN! Grab Ben and Jerry and spend the afternoon with them while you lounge!

Take perfect care, my friend..

Gentle hugs,

Kim
  11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Good old Ben and Jerry! After the last couple days, I'm thinking of trying your "secret love!"

Yesterday I rested all day, and one really good thing was that my DH was tired too, so we just hung around the house and rested. Then, last night, I actually slept fairly well. What a blessing.

Hope all is well with you, friend. Vacations do wipe us out, and on Labor Day weekend, we did a lot around the house. Then I went to therapy and BAM...hit a wall.

Thaks you for your condern...and for all of you dear people. What would I do without you? Shudder!

Sue
  12. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Checking in! I am glad you had a good night of sleep! It does help!

Keep taking care of your precious self. You deserve it!

If you need, I will send my 'Secret Loves' to you! They travel lightly!

Hugs,

Kim
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Make sure the bottle is plastic! (-:

Hope you are well. How's your settling in you new house coming? Bet you're glad it's this far along. Oh, I hate to move!

We are re-doing our house inside...new pain, curtains, re-doing cabinets in bathrooms and kitchen. It is looking so nice, and as we are planning to build a house in Mt. Shasta, CA in a couple years, we wanted to get this place in a more modern mode. I'm really liking it, and I'm glad we will get to enjoy it before we move; we will either keep it and rent it or sell it. Don't know. I'd like to keep it and not rent it. Love to have a place to stay when we come over as we will.

Ah, time will tell.

Have a great day. Let me know how you're doing.

Sue
  14. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sue:
    I am so exhausted today for no reason and am going from the bed to the computer and back. I think I might just answer this one post and head back to bed.
    No: you are not the only one with this.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  15. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I will write more later. My body is aching, sore throat and swollen glands. Ahhhhh, the pleasures of moving!

I hope you are doing better! We will 'talk' soon?!

Big Gentle Hugs,

Kim
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You sound like the walking wounded today...only you're not walking ver far. I'm so sorry you are so tired and feeling lousy today. I also woke up today so tired again that it took me until 12:30 PM to get up and dressed and do something. You guys just stay put and feel better. Don't push yourselves...we all know what that does, and it seems even though we know, we keep pushing it.

Nyro, I hope your new lifestyle is OK...did you get a sponser? How is the pain reliever working? Do stay in bed and get better. You really have a full plate right now, and I am thinking about you...take care...you are a great person.

Kim...sleep! Moving is the worst not only physically but stress-wise. I'm sure you've seen that list of things that cause stress...moving is way up there.

Very gentle hugs to both of you...and prayers for you both to feel better soon.

Sue