so tired

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CherieA, Dec 7, 2006.

1. CherieA

CherieA New Member

im 22 and have CFS please help me im so tired, i cant cope anymore!!
    i have not got the energy anymore to do anything.
    Any of your thoughts would be gratefull.
    Thankyou
  2. ktpar

ktpar New Member

I feel the same way sometimes. Have you tried an anti-depressant. I am 29 and I take Cymbalta which helps me. I try to look at the brighter side of life. Do you have a very busy scheldue? Prayer helps alot also.
  3. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

I am sorry to know how tired you are. Perhaps you could fill out your bio and tell us what types of doctors you have seen and what meds you have tried. There are many informed people here.
    Good luck and pace yourself!! Mary
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Cherie,
    I hear you. I have CFS, too, and I understand that awful, painful, feeling of being more than bone weary all the time, so that it feels like you are walking through waist-high snow all the time, while carrying a log on your back, and aching, to beat the band. I remember mentioning to a friend that I was so tired that I didn't know what I was going to do. She looked at me like I was stupid, or something. Luckily, shortly after that, I was diagnosed.

I'll tell you what has helped me, feel a bit better. I am going to an acupuncturist, and a lot of that horrible feeling is gone. I even have periods of energy, occassionally. I'm gradually improving.

Also, I didn't know it, but my oxygen levels were dropping too low during sleep. I dont have Sleep Apnea, I just kind of breathe so shallowly that I don't get enough oxygen. I'm on night time oxygen , now, and my pain is even less, especially in my legs.(I was thinking back, and I realize now that I have been having periods of low oxygen as long ago as 27 years ago. I just didn't realize it).

Good luck to you. Remember, it does get better, and we are here for you,- 24/7.
    Big hugs,
    Terry

5. CherieA

CherieA New Member

my doctor basically told me that i will get better in 3 months and that this will all go away. Is this true? I've been like this for years. I feel like nothing is working, people think im being lazy and no one seems to want to help.

Also, ive been feeling really out of breath and my chest feels tight and sometimes theres a bt of pain. Is this normal??
  6. monamea

monamea New Member

CherieA,

I'm sorry to hear of your tireness. Most of us have it, but what I am worried about is your chest pains and shortness of breath. This is something that you should have checked out and right away, it might be nothing but stress or it could be worse. Please get in to see your Dr. as soon as possible. Good luck and hang in there.
  7. Chris3251

Chris3251 New Member

You have my oldest daughters first name...very pretty if I do say so myself :).

I wish I had some good advice for you, but I'm new to all this and just as frustrated. Just the thought of the simplest tasks depresses me because I just don't have the energy and I'm constantly in pain.

Right now I'm leaning heavily on everyone here. I am SO thankful I found this site! I've had some really rough moments, so I come here and as bad as I hate to see anyone else going through this, at the same time its a relief to know I'm not alone because I know everyone here can relate, understand, and sympathize. (I hope that didn't sound selfish to anyone).

And I totally agree with monamea. I was going to respond with the same advice she gave you. Chest pains are nothing to mess with, if it were me I'd get that checked out just to rule out anything else that could be more serious.

{{{Take care of you}}}

Chris
  8. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I agree that you should get in to a doc right away. I'd ask for an Echocardiogram. You may have mitral valve prolapse. Many of us do.

I have really been struggling with the fatigue too. I don't know what to tell you yet as I'm still trying to boost my energy.

Blessings,

Sofia