So tired!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MiahRoo, Aug 30, 2003.

1. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

I need a boost of energy, quick! I cleaned out the garage today with the help of my mother and fiance...too early in the morning, before I had taken my meds. So now I'm really paying for it with pain and extreme fatigue. The thing is I am watching my 3 year old nephew this evening but I'm just so darn tired I can barely manage to type this out. His mom is...well I don't want to say anything bad about her but any chance I get to take care of my nephew I grab it with both hands and don't let go. But now I don't know what to do. I'm just too tired to have any fun with him. Too tired to even give him good care. I don't want to plop him in front of the TV the way his mom does and I dont' want to put the full responsibility of him onto my fiance because he is not feeling well himself today. I tried coffee and soda but I'm still completely exhausted. Any ideas? I really need to have some energy for this lil guy. I'll do anything to be able to play a short game of tag or hide and go seek and be able to do something more constructive than watch blues clues! Help?!
  2. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

I don't know of any quick fixes, safe ones anyway, but I do know that if you push you pay...and pay...and pay.

Try to do without the active stuff and let the little guy sit with you while you read to him or just hold him.

Believe me, I've tried pushing...and I've paid. Your body is telling you, "Stop now, you need to rest and recoup!"

With commiseration,

Sandra
  3. badangel3

badangel3 New Member

Whenever you have him and go through this discomfort,try cuddling with him and reading him a story. Little ones crave the one on one attention and reading a story has always worked for me with my kids and grandkids. It keeps him close to you and it helps to relieve some of your stress at the same time. Jackie
  4. LADYBUG2

LADYBUG2 New Member

MAKE SOME MICRO-WAVE POP CORN,,, HAVE HIM SIT BY YOU,, AND ASK HIM TO COLOR YOU A PICTURE, SO YOU CAN PLACE IT ON YOUR REFRIGERATOR, SO YOU CAN "THINK OF HIM" WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT EACH DAY..& YOU TRY TO REST FOR A FEW MINUTES.

THEN TRY SOME FRUIT,OR A CANDY BAR, FOR HOPEFULLY SOME EXTRA ENERGY. OR MAYBE JUST SIT OUT IN THE FRESH AIR WITH HIM, DO YOU HAVE A SWING, HE COULD USE,WHILE YOU SIT?

AND LAST,,,,MAYBE TAKE YOUR PAIN MEDS, AN HOUR EARLY...

I UNDERSTAND,,I HAVE 2 GRANDSONS, 13 & 7
    I ALWAYS USE B-12 1000 MG INJECTIONS, THAT MY DOCTOR WROTE A PRESCPTION FOR ME ,SO I COULD GIVE MYSELF THE SHOT, 3 TIMES A WEEK...."MUCH CHEAPER THAN AN OFFICE VISIT", AND HANDY WHEN I AM JUST DRAINED OF ENERGY. AND A "MUST" FOR ME TO USE.

WISH, I COULD BE OR MORE HELP,,AN ICE PACK, ON MY NECK, CAN ALWAYS BE RE-FRESHING, AND A QUICK, COOL SHOWER.

YOUR IN MY THOUGHTS,,,LADYBUG2

PS,,COME TO THINK OF IT,,I HAVE A LITTLE EXTRA ENERGY MYSELF TODAY, SO I WILL MENTALLY SEND YOU SOME.....
    [This Message was Edited on 08/30/2003]
  5. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

The little guy (who is actually quite tall) was very hyper when he got here. He gets bopped around from house to house so much I can't blame him. But I did get him to color some pictures for me to try to fit on the fridge. It's already completely full of pictures he's drawn and photos of him and me and my fiance. :) Love that fridge. We did end up watching a little tv. We went out to attempt a game of tag but luckily it was too dark and he wanted to go back inside so I got out of that one! My body is certainly going to be mad at me tomorrow but there's a family picnic so heck I'll just sit back and have a few drinks in the shade tomorrow to relax. :)

My mother was kind enough to take him for the over-night since he has his own bedroom at her house. So I stayed there and got him in his fave spiderman pajamas and read his favorite spiderman book and layed down with his blankie and his doll that he insisted to name after me. Talk about something that melts your heart! So now I'm home...in my jammies on the couch in quite a bit of pain but I'm in a great mood anyways. Nephews that love you 'as big as the word' as he says...tend to put you in a great mood no matter what. Thanks again for all your ideas. :) ~Miah~