SO UPSET!! Re: SSD PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blondieangel, Sep 5, 2002.

1. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

i have waited one year since my last appeal to SSD. Since May my attorney has been working on my case/brief to send in to get approved. Then I finally got the court date. My brief/medical records were sent in to the judge with a letter and filled out forms from the DOCTOR stating i was totally disabled and unable to work. My doctor has made this claim since Sept. 2000.it was sent in last week.

yesterday the attorney's office called and said i was denied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the evidence even included several letters (affidavit's) from friends/family - now i have to go to the hearing Sept 23., 5 days before my 11th wedding anniversary. I got screwed in the car accident and workers comp cases. i am so scared - what more evidence does this @#$% judge WANT? my husband will have a nervous breakdown if i lose again. he is a wreak, as am i. i can't believe this jerk judge is having me get up early to drive 20 miles after receiving my case. i have had NOTHING BUT BAD LUCK since i was rear-ended Feb. 28, 2000. i can't take anymore - we've sold practically everything. we feel like God hates us. our entire marriage has been a struggle w/ my dying mother, now all this. All we want is a little happiness and enough money to live on. we've given up everything else, even ever having children after my miscarriage 6 weeks after the accident. How much is a persom supposed to take?????????????? I am so angry and there is no where to vent my anger. Then my attorney yelled at me yesterday and gave me a hard time.
    LIFE SUCKS! Please pray for me.
  2. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

i have waited one year since my last appeal to SSD. Since May my attorney has been working on my case/brief to send in to get approved. Then I finally got the court date. My brief/medical records were sent in to the judge with a letter and filled out forms from the DOCTOR stating i was totally disabled and unable to work. My doctor has made this claim since Sept. 2000.it was sent in last week.

yesterday the attorney's office called and said i was denied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the evidence even included several letters (affidavit's) from friends/family - now i have to go to the hearing Sept 23., 5 days before my 11th wedding anniversary. I got screwed in the car accident and workers comp cases. i am so scared - what more evidence does this @#$% judge WANT? my husband will have a nervous breakdown if i lose again. he is a wreak, as am i. i can't believe this jerk judge is having me get up early to drive 20 miles after receiving my case. i have had NOTHING BUT BAD LUCK since i was rear-ended Feb. 28, 2000. i can't take anymore - we've sold practically everything. we feel like God hates us. our entire marriage has been a struggle w/ my dying mother, now all this. All we want is a little happiness and enough money to live on. we've given up everything else, even ever having children after my miscarriage 6 weeks after the accident. How much is a persom supposed to take?????????????? I am so angry and there is no where to vent my anger. Then my attorney yelled at me yesterday and gave me a hard time.
    LIFE SUCKS! Please pray for me.
  3. Coping

Coping New Member

I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I will pray for you. I can't beleive they turned you down with all of your problems! Now I feel terrible for announcing my win on my post.......Why on earth would your attorney yell at you? And you sent in Affidavits! I have a good feeling about your hearing. Please know that God doesn't hate you. I can see how you would feel that way right now, but God doesn't hate anyone.
    You are in my prayers and I am so sorry you're going through all of this.

Tricia
  4. jackiec

jackiec New Member

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Please know you have our support here. WIsh I had a magic want to take away your pain. (And Tricia, even at our lowest lows, we need to hear there is good news for others, so rejoice in your good news). Bondieangel, don't give up on what you are entitled to! Hang in there.....I'm not far behind you as to financial woes, so I do understand the frustration. J.C.
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Take hope in the number of members who kept being denied, but eventually got approved. Maybe it's a good thing judge wants to see you; it's one thing to have a lawyer & papers, quite another to hear about the suffering from person themselves.

I don't know, maybe some others who've done it can advise if you request to be given a work evaluation would help your case.

Above all, remember that this too shall pass. I remember different points in my life that seemed so hopeless, and now not only are they just memories, but looking back, something good always happened afterwards.

Best wishes & try as much as possible to remember that both the judge & lawyer are going to sleep well; you're the only one who will suffer if your stress level gets too high over this causing a flare. Take care. Michele

6. SaraD

SaraD New Member

Hey Blondieangel, I completely sympathize with you. Sounds like we filed around the same time too, I just had my hearing on August 2nd, and I tell you not to make things seem like they are going to be worse then they are but that was the worst day of it all. I almost called my doc for some anxiety meds that day. My lawyer was totally a clown and the judge was mr wicked witch... but I have faith that things will turn out for the good, I pray every day that I get a call or something in the mail. SO I will keep you in my prayers as well, of course not much will happen until you have your hearing. I don't know if I have ever heard anyone with our "issues" get denied after the hearing portion. Seeing Fibro on one of the SS lists was very encouraging too. If you ever feel like chatting check my bio I think my email is on there!!! I'll be praying!
    Sarad
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry you are having so much to deal with! You have had more than your share, thats for sure.

I hope things turn around for you and your husband. That Judge is the one who needs prayer!

Will keep you in prayer tonight for our Thursday Night Prayer.

You can bring this request to the Worship board if you want too.

Take care, and I am sure things are going to get better for you.

Shalom, Shirl
  8. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Hang in there, Dear; know that you've come to the best place to vent! We ALL empathize and you WILL be prayed for. This can be very tough on a marriage and your other crises as well as your illness are nearly crushing you, but this hearing is a good thing and those who have gone through this can offer excellent advice. I hope to get advice from YOU when this is all over.....and it WILL be, have faith.
    With love and understanding,
    Kady
  9. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

thank you everyone for your support - I'm going to bed now (and say my prayers for all of us) but will check in tomorrow....
  10. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Wow...when it rains it pours...And then sometimes you get a rainbow outa' the deal. Please don't feel that God hates you. It is easy to feel that way sometimes...but there may very well be a miracle right around the corner. No, you can't see it now...
    I feel so angry sometimes and hate this disease....and really feel life sucks!!!But then, just one little thing..a phone call from a sister...a hug from my husband (even though we are both sick of this), a favor from a neighbor...and YES ice cream and chocolate!!Whatever can pull you out of the worst day. Find some ZZZZZZzzzzz's. Get as many hugs and give as many as you can. Only fight what you can control....And know that you will wake up tomorrow with another chance. See it as a gift instead of a curse if you can. I know it's tough for all of us to do sometimes. Just know we are all pulling for you and hope and pray there are better days ahead for you. And Blondie, any lawyer who yells at a client fighting with this crap is a real idiot! Ask for an apology. You deserve one.
  11. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

again, thank you all. unfortunately i am very isolated because we had just moved when i was rear-ended and in bed for a year. i have 2 sisters who are the type to add to my upset, so i have had to let them go. they are cruel, and my being the oldest, they are used to dumping on me. one has never come to see me, attacked me verbally after i stood up to our estranged father for her, and then i drove up to help her 3 times for several days after she had twins. i'm sure you've guessed the story - another ugly attack re: a trust we are co-trustrees to for our ill aunt. now she wants to be friends again - this by email. we know her hidden agenda is that i'm available to babysit. she tells me all i do is complain. no sympathy there. the other disowed me and my husband in one of her rages,yelling that "i'd ruin her wedding" (lots of issues w/ this one) after asking my husband to give her away at her wedding. i finally realized i was being abused by them by reading posts on this message board. we did not attend the wedding.

and i love my in-laws, but they are not the warm and fuzzy type. my mil picks on me, and when we sold our home and moved into a 1 bdrm apt, wanted to know if i'd be getting a job now? if it didn't hurt so bad emotionally, it'd almost be funny! they live close by but have never offered to help out w/ anything. neither has my husbands brothers and sister - never call to see how he is. since we have no children and there are now 12, i think neices and nephews, we used to dote on all of them - no more. don't have the energy/money. of course we don't hear from anyone unless they want something.

oh well, thanks for being there for me. i have learned alot on this message board and hope everyone's day is going as well as can be expected! I finally learned not to get up shower and do make up every day. i can't do housework, don't cook, and find it hard to read. so i study design on HGTV and nap every day so i have some energy to run errands w/ my husband on the weekend. i just paid all the bills - i procrastinate and get so overwhelmed! Does anybody else? everything is monumental to me!

bye (finally!)
  12. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Hey Blondieangel, Sounds like your sisters are meanies....I don't know if I'm older than you, but you can be my little sister....I've never had one:) My mil is a very , VERY big meanie...so I can relate (I posted for big help RE; her a while ago.) TV makes me feel guilty...I have litttle ones at home, just one during school days now, but it helps take mind off pain and worry. Thank God for hgtv and discovery channel, Montel, or Tranding Spaces...or I would be CRAZY. Guilt sucks, disease sucks, but life really doesnt suck...there's only 1 alternative and I'm too stubborn to miss out on even 1 little good thing. Chin up girl!