so very sad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by horselover2, Oct 5, 2006.

1. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

today i had to put my sweet kitty to sleep. she was 18 yrs old. animals touch our lives in such a special way. i miss her so much ,now that she is not here with me, sitting with me as she usually would . can't stop crying.
    only a pet lover would understand.
    i was with her till the very end. now she is at peace and no longer in pain. her poor little body.
    be free my sweet suki, enjoy kitty heaven,
    i'll miss you so-
    anne
  2. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

So sorry for your loss. Our pets are part of our family, the grief can be overwhelming. I'm sure you gave her a wonderful life.

I've been there 2 times in the past year so I know how painful it is.

You and Suki are in my thoughts and prayers.

Theresa

3. TKE

TKE New Member

Sorry for your loss :(. 18 is a good long life for a kitty. Know you did the right thing & your kitty is now free from pain & suffering. Been there done that many times & it never gets easier.

Remember the good times & don't beat yourself up. Your kitty loved you :).
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

So very sorry.

Kriket
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

(((more hugs)))
  6. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Am so sorry for your loss, it is so hard to loose a pet. They are more than pets to us, they unconditionaly love us and stay with us through the worst of what these diseases throw at us.
    She will have apprediated you being there for her at the end.
    Look after yourself and am sending you hugs,
    maedaze
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

very sad when our beloved pets leave us. I hope you have many happy memories to comfort you. My cat died a year ago, and I still miss her.

Just finished reading Marley and Me. Was crying over that too.
  8. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

Anne, So very sorry for your lose of Suki. I have had cats in my life forever and I feel for you. Suki lived a wonderful life with you and know she is with all her friends in kitty heaven.

My heart is with you for comfort.

Eileen

9. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Sorry about your kitty, i lost a special one too about a year ago, and i still miss him.

Love and hugs,

From a fellow horselover
  10. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

when i woke up this morning and my dear suki wasn't waiting there to greet me and my 3yr old daughter it was so sad and odd, and lonely. suki was a big part of my life for 18yrs, wow that's a long time.
    your messages of support really helped, so thanks so much. this is the second kitty had i to go through this with in the last 2yrs. my other love shera, was 17 at the time, that was utterly heart wrenching, and no, those who said it, it definitely doesn't get any easier. hope i don't have to go through this again for a long while.
    anyway, thank for responding and thinking of me.
    anne
  11. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have felt like a dog has run pass my leg or my cat that I loved was sitting by my feet even after they are gone.

I'm sorry for your loss but she really may still be with you in spirit.
  12. TLI

TLI New Member

I worked for a vet for years. When a beloved animal passed I shared a wonderful poem with the distraught owners... I hope this gives you some peace. Blessings.. ~Teddi

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
  13. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

So sorry, my pets have been my BEST friends. She would want you to take the best care of yourself.

Hope you feel better soon.

June
  14. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

So sorry for your lose.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  15. winsomme

winsomme New Member

we are big cat lovers. and have gone through what you are going through.

it is not easy, and i am very sorry to hear of your loss.

i don't know if you are in a position to adopt, but eventually that helped to ease our pain.

we adopted a big fatty that someone abandoned in the center of town near our vet. she has a very sour disposition, but we love her all the same.

sending you well wishes,
    bill
  16. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Shar
  17. sisland

sisland New Member

Is with you as you greive the loss of your Kitty!! My Little dog Dazee had to be put to sleep 3 weeks ago due to seizures ! so i know what your feeling also!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Rainbow Bridge is a beautiful comforting poem!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Love ,,,,,,sydney
  18. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

It is always hard to lose a friend, a person or a furbaby. I lost my cat after 16 yrs. and it was terrible. I missed her terribly, still do miss her. Sorry for you loss.

Anne
  19. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

thank you all, it means so much to hear from you all.
    tha poem rainbow bridge is beautiful. i feel that way about it, and hope i will eventually be together with my beloved pets who have passed.
    i also do think my cats spirits are here at times, as someone said. when i returned home yesterday from the vets office, i swore i saw a quick shadow of suki go by, the same has happened after my other cat shera passed. i hope they are in a happy place like rainbow bridge, but, i think they do at times visit to let us know they are still around in spirit.
    thanks again-
    wishing you all good things
    anne
  20. elliespad

elliespad Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Suki. I know how painful it is to lose a cherished pet. I lost my dog Ellie, just this Tuesday. When their spirit touches us so deeply, it is a testament to the love you shared. Saying goodbye is so painful. I pray that God would warm your heart with happy memories, of your beloved Suki.

Wish deepest sympathy,

elliespad