So What Do You Consider a "Mold Hit"?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenbooks13, Jul 16, 2008.

  1. jenbooks13

    jenbooks13 New Member

    Now that I'm more aware of mold and my reactions to mold, I'm wondering what you moldies consider a "mold hit".

    For instance, I'm pretty sure I'm getting a mold hit at my therapist's office. She lives in a nice old prewar building. I start to feel like I want to drink a lot of water (I bring a water bottle) and have to pee, a burning sensation, and feel somewhat flushed. I am not going to stop seeing her, but now that I'm more aware I wonder, should I have an outfit or two that I just wear at her place, rather than my normal favorite everyday outfits? It's not a black mold I don't think, so, does it matter? Or am I carrying it back into my place? I'm not as sensitive as some folks like the former Erik mold warrior OTOH the less stress on my body the better.

    Similarly. I ordered some homeopathic remedies so I'd have a big kit to work with as I learn homeopathy. I ordered my initial 100 from a wonderful place in Santa Fe. Then I ordered the next 60 from Bengal Allen in India because theyr'e only $1/remedy including shipping. Well they came today and I smell mold on the plastic-coated paper container they came in. I threw it out and put the little glass bottles in a plastic bag. But if the place where they prepare the remedies in India is moldy, do I even want these, or should I just pitch them and say to myself, $60 wasted no big deal. Or should I seal them into a special container and open them, if I want them, in the hallway or something? Or is this paranoid? They are after all, rather small glass bottles.

    I remember once getting a moldy case of paper (10 reams), on discount, ordered online, from OfficeMax or somewhere. I threw them all out. Today we purchased a case of paper from Staples as they had a bargain price and it was wrapped in plastic for each ream and perfectly fine. I've gotten a little anxious about mold hits.