Social Security Administration and CFS/FM ALERT!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klroxx, Jun 17, 2003.

1. klroxx

klroxx New Member

The Social Security Administration is accepting comments on a new revision for immune deficiency disorders. Go to the website and comment on how much we need help. If we don't speak up, we can not be heard. If we do not tell them what needs to be changed, they will not know. Many of us do not have blood chemistry irregularities to show our illness. Tell them that we still have CFS/FM, but our blood work is normal. Tell them how our lives have changed, because of our illness. Comments will close on July 7,2003, so hurry to the site and press on the comment link.

(Edited to remove URL)
    Let's hope for the best !!!

Klroxx
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

FYI - to get the link to work for me, I had to delete the "www".

Just posting to let people know.
  3. nancyw

nancyw New Member

I also had to delete the www to get the web site up. This is a wonderful opportunity for everyone in the US to put their two cents in. Thanks, Klroxx, for posting this message.
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

I am printing it off right now so I can reply to them. I was one of the lucky ones who received my SSD after 15 months. The determination written by the ALJ mentions several things that he used to make his decision. I will make sure they are in the reply too.

Dara
  5. nancyw

nancyw New Member

6. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

Go to the ssa gov website - on home page under Disability and SSI title in middle of page - click on link called "More Disability information" - then under "What's New?" on right side, second link called "Plans to Update and Revise Our Rules for Evaluating Immune System Disorders" then read directions

Good luck!
    AS
    [This Message was Edited on 06/18/2003]
  7. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

found the website...no comment section. please let me know how to input info.
    thx
    alice
  8. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

found the website...no comment section. please let me know how to input info.
    thx
    alice
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

Thanks. I plan on sending them some info.
  10. carolweedwad

carolweedwad New Member

dear DARA

what were the things the ALJ used to make his decision that you spoke about....I could really use the insight....thanks carolweedwad
  11. carolweedwad

carolweedwad New Member

dear DARA

what were the things the ALJ used to make his decision that you spoke about....I could really use the insight....thanks carolweedwad
  12. carolweedwad

carolweedwad New Member

dear DARA

13. Dara

Dara New Member

Well, now I have to try & remember what I was thinking about. He said that I was of "advanced age" 55-59 is considered advanced age!! He listed the reasons why I could do "less" than half of the normal sedentary work that was required in my job. He said that my examining doctors had more credence than the State doctors. He said that I was credible. He said that I had depression & congnitive problems due to my fatigue and pain. Right now, I'm not thinking too well, if I think of more I'll let you know.

Dara