Social Security and Lawyer Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nana2Andromeda, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Nana2Andromeda

Nana2Andromeda New Member

Good Morning everyone....

Nothing new on my social security, only that it DID get approve in August, but the Magistrate Judge felt that social security did not adequately review my case so it was sent to the Administrative Law Judge. That was 4 1/2 months ago.

My lawyer says we can't doing anything but wait to see what the administrative judge is going to do, I was also told he could over turn the decision. I am not sure I agree with my lawyer that all we can do is wait....what do you think?

I sent a letter to my Congressman, Bill Thomas (CA), but nothing on that as of yet.

Even though I have a lawyer, can I still call the social security office with question?

Your options means a lot to me as well as any suggestions.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}
    Donna
  2. Nana2Andromeda

Nana2Andromeda New Member

Good Morning everyone....

Nothing new on my social security, only that it DID get approve in August, but the Magistrate Judge felt that social security did not adequately review my case so it was sent to the Administrative Law Judge. That was 4 1/2 months ago.

My lawyer says we can't doing anything but wait to see what the administrative judge is going to do, I was also told he could over turn the decision. I am not sure I agree with my lawyer that all we can do is wait....what do you think?

I sent a letter to my Congressman, Bill Thomas (CA), but nothing on that as of yet.

Even though I have a lawyer, can I still call the social security office with question?

Your options means a lot to me as well as any suggestions.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}
    Donna
  3. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

I am not an attorney but if you do a google search and type in Jeff Rabin Clouds you will be directed to a site that you can ask him any question about SSA. He is an attorney that specializes in SSDA and SSI. Good Luck
    Sandy
  4. jsthorn

jsthorn New Member

Hi Donna,

It took me over a year and 3 appeals before I was officially pronounced disabled and granted SSDI by an Administrative Law Judge.

My lawyer said that even if your disability is readily apparent the System will procrastinate as long as it can in hopes you will go away and/or to delay disbursement of funds to you. The government is not your friend here - the fewer people it has on SSDI the more money it has for things like tax breaks for the wealthy. I must say I was at first shocked by this realization but then acceptance and finally a cynical patience helped me through the ordeal.

By the way, you can call SS with any questions about your case. All you do is call your regional office, say you have a question about your case or benefits and someone will try to help.

Just be Patient!

Best of Luck!

Jesse