Social Security Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmq, Oct 25, 2008.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

Hello friends that have been on this journey with me. As you may remember, I have been waiting and waiting on the SSDI outcome. I am working with Allsup. I am now waiting for the hearing and I just got two letters to see two MORE SS docs. One is a psychologist and the other a reg. MD. This is the same type of docs they sent me to about 6 months ago....just different ones this time.

I assumed the other drs were not favorable since SS denied me. Why are they sending me to two more? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I am more worried about getting approved than ever. I bet SS is trying even harder to deny SSDI benefits because of the economy mess. My dh is unemployed because of the economy. I do not know what will happen if I am not approved.

This is so stressful. Trying not to worry....but as you all know...its hard. Please let me know if any of you have been in this situation.

2. savvy50

savvy50 New Member

jmq - who is sending you to new doctors, your attorney or SS? I lost my first go round because my doctors were not specific enough. My attorney advised me to see another, which I am and hopefully they will provide a more detailed report.

I'm also concerned if the economy will effect SSD. I've been trying to get approved for 3 years now and it increasingly becomes stressful. Financial worries on top of pain and depression has only worsened my condition.
    Good luck to you!!
  3. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

Please do not be discouraged by SS Disability setting up 2 additional appointments with the SAME type of doctors you previously went to.

I've been through the SSD process 2 times & I disagreee with they are sending you for these appointments because your medical records do not have enough information.

That is not true because each time I filled, I would hand over to the SSD office ALL of my MEDICAL RECORDS including a print out list of medications from my local Pharmacy. This information would cover years worth of medical history all indicating ----- UNABLE to work!

Even with the Disability office having ALL of that information, they still sent me to "their own State Appointed Doctors".

They do that because they want the input from doctors who do not know you personally.

You could even have several letters from doctors stating they deem you as "Disabled" & still the SSD office will send you on these appointments.

I know all of this makes you nervous, because that is a natural reaction.

Obviously if they are sending your for 2 more Doctor Appointments then that means ---- they are still considering you for APPROVAL.

If their answer was a "NO" again, they would not be booking these appointments for you.

Lastly, do you have a SSD Case Worker assigned directly to your file??

You should & I usually call the Case Worker and ask them what certain things mean.

Good luck & take care,
    == Elaine
  4. jmq

jmq New Member

I guess this entire SSD process is a maze on purpose....hoping some of us just give up. I liked your optimistic view on it Elaine. I hope you are right. I did ask my Allsup representative and they said something fague like ...oh they do that sometimes if they want more updated info.

I have been going to my regular doctors appointment every 3 to 6 months ( both drs finding me unable to work) so we have records up the yahoo already. I wish they would just approve me instead of wasting all this $$$ they are spending sending me to thier doctors.

If anyone else has any ideas...please comment. It helps to see everyones perspective.