Social Security

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2thFairyIsBroke, Nov 14, 2002.

1. 2thFairyIsBroke

2thFairyIsBroke New Member

I never really gave this much thought before, but we keep hearing that Social Security is struggling, and may not be there for the next generation after the baby-boomers. I sit and wonder about it...When they get their forms to begin to work on a disability claim, it seems like they should be able to get with it so they don't have to take years to approve or disapprove, and they wouldn't be paying a person who has been waiting for couple years hugh sums of money. Yeah, I mean it would be nice to get a retro check for $30,000.00 and then monthly , but why can't they just follow thru one case at a time. I live in Illinois and my appeal went to West Virginia, it is no wonder that the system is so screwed up. Oh well...just thought I would share my amazement with you all.
  2. 2thFairyIsBroke

2thFairyIsBroke New Member

I never really gave this much thought before, but we keep hearing that Social Security is struggling, and may not be there for the next generation after the baby-boomers. I sit and wonder about it...When they get their forms to begin to work on a disability claim, it seems like they should be able to get with it so they don't have to take years to approve or disapprove, and they wouldn't be paying a person who has been waiting for couple years hugh sums of money. Yeah, I mean it would be nice to get a retro check for $30,000.00 and then monthly , but why can't they just follow thru one case at a time. I live in Illinois and my appeal went to West Virginia, it is no wonder that the system is so screwed up. Oh well...just thought I would share my amazement with you all.
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

they collect interest on OUR money as long as they have it. We collect only the exact dollar amount. Plus, for every person who stays in the fight and collects, 7 people will give up thus saving them even more.
    Kathryn
  4. Roxi

Roxi New Member

I have a friend ready to retire who got info direct from SSI. They say no problems until at least 2037, and the increase in population will fix that!