Social Security

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JoninKansas, Dec 17, 2002.

1. JoninKansas

JoninKansas New Member

Received a letter this week from SS, I have met the medical requirements for disability benefits as of June 2002 but will received a second letter to see if I have met the requirements for a non-medical.
    Does anyone know what a non-medical requirement is?

Joni
  2. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Just call me curious but, what disabilities did you get it on and what medical requirements? Did your doctors back you up? Are you under 50 yrs. old or over?
    I don't understand what they mean by "non-medical requirements", but I'm sure someone here can probably help you..
    Good luck,
    HOB
  3. JoninKansas

JoninKansas New Member

I have Myofasial pain, Chronic fatigue, depression, Fribromyalgia, arthritis in hands,feet,spine,hips. I was in an auto acc. in 2000 and injuried shoulder and can't lift over 2 lbs. I had polio back in 52 and suffer from leg cramps and numbness, I sit too long. My legs jump and twitch all night.
    Yes, I am over 50, and have worked most of my younger life up until the accident. I don't understand the non-medical portion of my claim. I have meet the medical but still waiting for a decision on the non-medical. My doctors did help me with this claim and support me.
    If anyone knows what this non-medical requirements are please let me know.

Joni
  4. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

maybe they are talking about whether with your disabilities if you can fit into your past work. you know they have a great big book of impairments and what the job requires with each position. That is I m sure what they are talking about. if your past work experience meets your disability requirements or if there is jobs out there that are simular to your past employments that fit your disabilities now. Good luck and I know the waiting by the mail box is rediculous. Good luck with everything.
    Joannie
  5. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

JUST A WILD GUESS HERE!!
    Maybe it means the amount of time you put in with your job or jobs to see if you fit the picture for SSD or SSI???
    Told you, just a wild guess..
    Take Care..........Donna
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I was thinking the same thing as Donna just mentioned.

Barbara