Soft, comfortable, inexpensive, comfortable, soft, comfortable

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbylee, Oct 12, 2005.

1. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Did I say comfortable? And soft? I have finally found some pants that don't hurt me or my pocketbook. I found Hanes Her Way sweats in WalMart for $5.00 + change!!

They are so soft, not too heavy, and are hemmed - no tight elastic around my ankles - AND they have pockets this year.

I bought 4 pairs and will probably go back for more. And for a little over 5 bucks a pair!! That's the best I've found.

I've bought this brand before and it lasts for years, in fact, I've never "worn out" a pair of them. But I was thinking that I paid $8.00 - $9.00 a pair then.

Just thought you might want to check them out.

And while I'm promoting Hanes, if you've ever bought "t-shirt" sheets and you've found that they get "knots" after a few washings - try Hanes - from WalMart. I've bought these sheets from Belk and Penneys and after a few washings they were awful. I've had the Hanes sheets for 2 years and no knots - ever. Go figure... This is NOT a case where "you get what you pay for."

abbylee - (I don't work for or have stock in WalMart or Hanes)
  2. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I didn't mention that I've washed the sweats 3 or 4 times and they don't shrink or anything - and they stay so soft on the inside and outside.

Do check them out. If you get cold and like sweats, these are great!!
  3. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I also forgot to tell you that if you like soft things, those T-shirt sheets (by hanes) are really soft, too. They are not at all like the flannel ones - I always thought they were rough.

abbylee
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

I was always an "overdresser" before i got sick...always the one in the suits and pumps when everyone else was in chinos...now I can't wear any of that! And I'm broke! LOL

These sweats sound like just what the doc ordered! I'm going tomorrow! Please tell me they have matching shirts of some sort...equally soft...equally cheap! LOL

Rachel
  5. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I did the suits, shoes, uncomfortable clothes thing, too, and as soon as I got home at night those things came off and the sweats were put on!! Last Saturday night I had to "dress" to go out with my parents - first time I've put on dress clothes in months - and I couldn't wait to get home and get them off!! The shoes in particular drove me crazy!! I like my tennis shoes.

Yes, WalMart has matching sweatshirts - I don't know the price but I suspect it's not too much since the pants aren't much, and I think they have "sweat" jackets (open with buttons) to match them, too - makes them look like a jogging suit.

abbylee
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

You are so welcome. Hope you enjoy wearing them! They feel ssssoooo ggggooooooodddd.

abbylee
  7. BethM

BethM New Member

You sure got my attention! thanks for the heads up. I don't usually shop at WalMart, but I'll check it out. Good timing, I need new sweats. And with pockets, too! sounds great.

Hugs,
    beth.
  8. abbylee

abbylee New Member

It's been my experience that one should always check out WalMart. While I don't usually buy my clothes there, I'd rather pay $5 for sweats than the prices that they charge for them at the malls. And the higher priced sweats don't wash any better than these - in fact, they oftentimes don't wash well at all.

Plus, the appliances, etc., are often sold for less. It's really a great store - though crowded.

abbylee PS You'll love the sweats.

9. orachel

orachel New Member

Yes, weren't we prissed up little glamour pusses in our former lives? LOL....I'm thrilled about the sweat jackets...

Didn't make it today, but tomorrow, I'm THERE!

Thanks again, hon!
    Rachel
  10. abbylee

abbylee New Member

How right you are!!! And I wish I could say that those were the "good 'ol days," but I hurt then, too, and it was so uncomfortable in those dress clothes!!

I don't wear dresses or skirts anymore. Ever. I wore a dress to my son's wedding and to my daughter's wedding but to other weddings, funerals, church, etc., I'm in pants - and at home - it's something light and loose.

abbylee