Solution to sinus problems

Discussion in 'sinusitis' started by Healthnut23, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Healthnut23

Healthnut23 New Member

I have been struggling with sinus problems for a few years now. I finally came across a great product that has been working really well. Its called Nasalcare. It is supposed to help with sinusitis, colds, and the flu. Its website states a few facts: It is an FDA-registered nasal irrigation system that is a drug-free and 100% natural sinus remedy. It’s hand-pumped for a positive continual irrigation. The irrigator is equipped with an air valve to maintain a positive pressure within the irrigator and has a one-way liquid valve to avoid backflow to maintain solution purity. The solution is sea salt based and buffered with bicarbonate, sodium citrate and citric acid. In addition, Aloe extract is added to alleviate nasal dryness. Also, NasalCare® has been named the “Best New Product” at the 2010 ECRM Cough & Cold Allergy Conference this past March.

I hope this helps others as it helped me!
  2. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

My Dr wants me to irrigate my sinuses once a day so I am going to try this as of now I have been using the stuff from Costco. It seems that this addresses the dryness too which I also have. I have chronic sinus problems which also affects my sleep. Thanks for the Post
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Irrigation system get up into the upper sinus cavities over the eyes? That is where my sinusitis is located. The Netti Pot does nothing because it doesn't get up that far.

Nasacort works better for me than anything else I've tried. Nasonex does nothing.

Love, Mikie
  4. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

Mikie- I had the same problem until I found a solution. I use my netti pot in the shower. After I pour the saline solution in, I bend over at the waist as far as I can. I put my hands on the edges of the tub to support myself.

This upside down position forces the solution into my upper sinuses. Sounds weird, but it works!

Dee