Solution to weight loss since can't exercise?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tjblueeyes, Sep 10, 2002.

1. tjblueeyes

tjblueeyes New Member

Does anyone have a good solution to lose weight since I can only do minimal exercise?
  2. tjblueeyes

tjblueeyes New Member

Does anyone have a good solution to lose weight since I can only do minimal exercise?
  3. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

If you go to the chit chat board, there are several people who are dietiing and they could give you more advice. I am about to start the Fat Flush diet by Ann Gittleman. Since you can't exercise, could you possibly use a Chi machine?

Annette
  4. SAS

SAS New Member

I just started Weight Watchers last week. Had done it before but gave up because I lost patience. It seemed to take so long for me to lose anything. I know uit is the healthiest, most well-rounded weight loss program there is. I just have to face that it will take me a bit longer than most (especially because of Paxil), but I know I feel much better when I am on it.

Good luck,
    Shirley
  5. roro

roro New Member

I struggled with my weight for the past 20 years. I have been on a low-carb diet now since dec 2000. I lost 30 pounds, which is not so amazing, but the amazing thing is I have KEPT it off. I think the reason is because for me I liek the food, so it is easier to stick to. Any binges I have gone on have never lasted long, so I get right back on. All the other diets I have tried I have had to eat very low calorie to lose. On weight watchers, I had to stay under 18 points a day to lose. I was always starving.
    Low carb has also helped my female problems and stomach/IBS problems. I used to have constant heartburn, not it only comes back when i eat starchy carbs. Here is a good board for support and info:

http://www.locarbfriends.com
  6. Grams

Grams New Member

You might consider chair aerobics. I think there's a video called "Sit and be Fit". The YMCA, senior centers, and the arthritis foundation all offer classes for people that are limited in the exercises they can do. Also, I've seen on TV an aerobics program where one participant sits in a chair and does modified exercises. The TV program would be the most convenient and least expensive, just follow along with what you are able to do. Good luck!
  7. Grams

Grams New Member

That is a terrific website, thank you! I eat low carbs, (not no carbs), and have kept off the weight. I'm checking out the exercise segments, that is just what I was needing, so much information. I have the tubes and am ready to do some resistance training. Muscle burns more calories than fat. Again, thank you!
  8. sarah

sarah New Member

Annette and Jody about the Chi machine. It sounds excellent for all round health and I've heard it can help you lose weight. Really worth looking into. I want to have a go.
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have you tried the 'Susanne Somer's' eating plan? My husband lost 40 pounds in a couple of months on this, and you are never hungry! Its simply separating carbs and protein. He still has fifty more to lose. But so far he has not gained the forty back.

He also takes 'Chitosan' from Pro Health. It was a big help for him too.

Shalom, Shirl

10. ruthiepie

ruthiepie New Member

I've been on Weight Watchers since April and I've lost 29 1/2 lbs......no exercising, honest!!!...just what I am able to do in the line of housework.....WW only require you to try to move your body for at least 20 mins. a day....doing something, if only puttering around the house....I eat at the minium end of my point range because I don't exercise....really good plan....you can go to the WW site and just read the message boards for a while to get a feel for the program....just type in Weight Watchers in your search engine....God Bless