Soma -- Anybody take this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MaureenMcL, Feb 24, 2003.

1. MaureenMcL

MaureenMcL New Member

Please share with me experiences you've had with this drug positive or negative. Did it help pain? twitching?
    Thanks.
  2. allycat20

allycat20 New Member

I have been taken Soma since i was diagnosed it helps me better than any other muscle relaxer I have used tried. Used others but this one works best for me! My muscle go into terrible spasms and get very sore so this drug helps when I go into one of these cycles.
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

every night with good results. I wouldn't try to sleep without it.
    Kady
  4. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I have been on Soma for 6 years now, before I was dx with MPS/FMS. I have other co-exising conditions and I have been treating thoes with; Soma, Vicodin, and since my dx 3 years ago, they have added Vistril for the itching, anxiety that I get which is mild really, and it Boosts the Vicodins, and helps me from getting Naseaued by my Meds.
    I take once in awhile, Kloinpin for Restless legs, which is different from Muscle spasms, that's when my Legs and body jerk alot.
    I have tried some sleep Meds, but nothing so far works for me, usually do the opposite and keeps me awake.

Hope you find something that will help you, I got no relief from the Darvocett or Synalog, that the last sent me to the Hospital , and Codiene is to rough on my stomach, it's like a knife cutting into my gut, layed me out flat the last time I took it, 7 years ago.

It's a lot of trial and error, as each of us react differently to med's, we have a lot of the same Symptoms, but we have a wide varitey of Treatments that work for some and not other's and vice versa.

Sorry the spelling is lousy, I'm in a flare and the words and thoughts go rightout the window, ;o)

Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  5. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

I have been on Soma for 5 yrs, and have had no problems at all. aat first it kinda maade me feel funny, but after a few days it was find. I take it for muscle spasms in the sides, back and legs. There is a generic for Soma, which is what I use and it is much cheaper. even with my high co-pays it is only ten dollars.
  6. Bambi

Bambi New Member

Nothing else works for me. I take it
    3 times a day also and before I got
    muscle cramps that put me on the
    floor in a fetal position. Called EMT's several times thinking it was
    heart attack, but no, muscle spasms.
    They always said they'd never seen
    such bad spasms. Good luck, I hope it
    works for you too. Hugs, Bambi
  7. karen55

karen55 New Member

Plain and simple. I've taken quite a few other muscle relaxers in the past, including Robaxin and Skelaxin, and I can't remember other brand names. The bottom line is, Soma works. When I was first taking it, it made me very sleepy. It no longer does that, and it works VERY well.

Recently this endocrinologist I'm seeing was really ugly to me about being on Soma, and actually said to me *don't you know how abused Soma is on the street?* Well duh!, I'm not obtaining it on the street, I have a prescription for it and I take it as directed; actually I don't take it as often as I *could*, according to the script.

Personally, I cannot understand why it's so abused and why there's such a demand on the street, but then again, I'm not a drug seeker, don't get high on meds, and am taking them only because they help me.

Karen
  8. MaureenMcL

MaureenMcL New Member

Very helpful. Thanks ladies!