some advice please..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by indnangel, Sep 11, 2002.

1. indnangel

indnangel New Member

I have fibro,cfs,asthma,copd.I have no insurance.I have put in for my ssd nearly 2 years ago last month I went before the judge and am waiting to hear if I got it or not.I am having to go to a low income clinic and of course they will not give any pain meds.I have been sufering so bad and I don't know where to get any help.If anyone knows of any programs or anything I can do Please help me..
    God bless you all.Indnangel*
  2. indnangel

indnangel New Member

I have fibro,cfs,asthma,copd.I have no insurance.I have put in for my ssd nearly 2 years ago last month I went before the judge and am waiting to hear if I got it or not.I am having to go to a low income clinic and of course they will not give any pain meds.I have been sufering so bad and I don't know where to get any help.If anyone knows of any programs or anything I can do Please help me..
    God bless you all.Indnangel*
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

go down to the deepartment of emnomic securty(des)and apply for medical assitace even if you dont quify the can tell you other porgrams but if you quilfy for the low income clinc you should quify for reg medical asstance with the ma program you get to choose regular dr and speaclistalso ask about genral asstance you can get money while your awaiting your decsion for ssd and if you win your ss case they just deduct that amout out of your award,also go to http//cfda.gov they have alist of programs also try seaching for your citys des site just put your state or city and des, i hope that helps ive been threw the same

kara
    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2002]
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

meds. The doctors have the formms ask them and others here might know the names of the companies. Good luck to you Indnangel. Do you have a lawyer helping on SSDI? There is one on the home page here you can even e mail from it here and ask him a q or call him. No money upfront on lawyers for SSDI they pd after you get the money. Oh, do you have medicare or cade? There are pain managment dos out there that accept it call and try to find one. They have the forms and ask.

Hope this helps some, Kim and Gary
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello, glad you found our board. I think the others have given you the advice you need to get some help.

I do hope you get help soon. I don't take pain meds, but the supplements that I take do cost a lot too.

The only thing I will take if the pain is extreme is Advil gel caps, OTC. They do work well for me. But you can't take them often as they will cause you stomach problems.

If you can get some Pro Energy (malic acid and magnesium glycinate), it will help with the muscle spasms in about 10 days or less. Also heating pads, rice socks (rice socks are made from a mans tub sock filled three quarters full of raw rice, just tie the end of the sock or tie it. You can put them in the micro-wave over for about 2 minutes and they get hot and can be used anywhere you have pain, or if you perfer cold you can keep them in the freezer too.)

I hope you find some help soon, and again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

6. indnangel

indnangel New Member

hey,thanks for the info.But I have never heard of the des.
    I live in Alabama so maybe they call it something else.
    hmmm?
  7. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

BUT, I live in Arkansas & have first hand knowledge on the the rules for disabled patients along with senior citizens whom are disabled.

I began to do an extensive search on the net about 2 yrs ago when my birthmom found me. She lives in California and receives excellent health care along with excellent rxs.

In CA where my mom lives she is able to rent a Beautiful 2 Bedroom Apt in a High Rise for $250.00 and recieves her medications for some kind of pulmonary disease FREE!

Believe Me - I've spent hours and hours with our State Government trying to help my birthmom to come to Arkansas to live. BUT, the cost factor is like 75% more in Arkansas as in California!

Don't that tell ya Our SSA is in danger and we as "Baby Booomers" might suffer when we retire.

Gentleness