Some Christmas Music As Suggested By Rockgor

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by hangininthere, Dec 25, 2018.

ProHealth CBD Store
  1. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    rockgor and gb66 like this.
  2. hangininthere

And here's a hilarious one I like. That's his little son beside him.

rockgor and gb66 like this.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

GREAT POST. Patti! I love the Tennessee Ernie Ford one. Haven't seen it for
    many years. I used to have a dozen or so of his albums including one of hymns
    with the opera singer Marilyn Horne. A great rendition of "Who At My Door is
    Standing.:

Thank you. Hope you and GB and all our folks have a great day.

Rock
    hangininthere likes this.
  4. hangininthere

Rock, do you still play piano? Do you have a piano? Although I think I remember you having trouble just typing on the computer keyboard. Because of cold hands, or worse, I forget?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  5. rockgor

Hi Patti, I used to play the piano when I was a kid. But I was a lousy player. Just didn't got no talent.
    Nevertheless I played for church services in 3 different churches. Even in our small town there were lots
    of people who played better, but they didn't want to. I think if you're lucky enough to have talent, you
    should develop it and share it.

The last few months my typing has gone to pieces. And I can't spell anymore. Difficult to post. I think
    at least part of the problem is arthritis in the fingers. For the last few months my little fingers have
    refused to bend. I can't make a fish anymore. But they seldom hurt. OOps! Clearly I can't make a
    fish, but "fist" was what I had in mind. Oh well. In the long run it doesn't matter. Well, not much
    does. Haven't had access to a piano since I left college. We had a baby grand in the men's dorm
    lounge.

Hope you are enjoying the Apres Noel.

Rock
  6. hangininthere

I'm glad you corrected your "can't make a fish" sentence. I thought maybe it was a gang sign I hadn't heard of. LOLOLOL

I'm always editing my posts dozens of times because of typing the wrong word. And have to keep checking my spelling on the online dictionary. Was always an excellent speller, but now everything sounds off to me and I have to double-check.

One time in my 30's though, I couldn't for the life of me remember how to spell the word "of". That was weird.

One time my brother-in-law made a spelling error in an email to us. He then sent a P.S. email saying that he had misspelled the word and corrected it, and accidentally misspelled the word "misspelled". That was hilarious.

Well, your piano playing must have been good enough to play for the churches. Not everyone has to be a crack concert pianist (can't think of the word) to be a good pianist nevertheless.

7. hangininthere

8. rockgor

Hi Patti

Thanks for posting more videos. Alas, they won't play for me. The notice says, Your
    browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. To make it
    even more confusiatin, I sometimes get pop ups that say: You need to install Adobe
    Flash. I also get pop ups that say: Adobe Flash is outdated. Damned if you do and
    frustrated if you don't. Almost none of the Youtube videos will play for me anymore.

I remember I once accompanied a fellow student who was going to sing a solo in
    church. She was also in High School. Had a pleasant soprano with a short range.
    Could not hit the high F. Nevertheless she refused to sing a different hymn. Hard
    to follow other people's thinking now and then, right?

Hope you're having a good day. I am. My left little finger was painful but I put some
    ointment on it. The ointment is called Itch-X. Made for bug bites. Works fine for
    my purpose though.

Hugs, Rock
  9. hangininthere

Well, speak of the devil - your little finger started hurting. The Itch-X has hydrocortisone, which is a steroid that soothes inflammation. So it would take down the arthritis inflammation, too. Glad it works.

I'm having a good day. Was trying to hype myself up to go get milk and a few things, trying to talk myself into it with all my might as usual.

Then got reminded of a traumatic incident that happened to me in high school and was near hysterical so took a tranquilizer which didn't help, plus wouldn't be able to drive to store tranquilized.

Then listened to the Tennessee Ernie Ford YouTube hymns video and it calmed me down.

Then I even drove to store. They had some just right bananas. I buy four bunches a week. Me and hub hooked on bananas. I eat one for a sweet dessert after just about every meal.

Since my hub is crippled with spinal stenosis and sciatica and arthritic knee now, and uses a walker with great pain, and falls down easily, I have taken over the daily household chores that he used to do. Plus I get my own food and drinks, which he did everything for 20 years for me.

He gets his own food and drink, and does dishes. And bakes Betty Crocker cake mixes. He baked a German Chocolate cake on Christmas day. It's gone by the end of the day between me, him, and my son.

I'm now doing laundry, carrying in groceries from store, cleaning kitty's litter box, take out trash and also put trash can on curb on trash day. In between chores, including fixing my own quick meals, I'm laid out flat.

It feels good to be doing laundry again after 20 years. It's so satisfying to wash and dry the bath towels and get them all fluffed up, haha.

Now I'm gonna finish my day's sleep. I'm a night owl like you and GB.

Usually when a pop-up box shows up about updating Adobe, it's a scam and will give you a computer virus if you click on it to update it. Could Gordon get your YouTube going again?

Patti
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  10. rockgor

Hi Patti

Nice to hear 'Who At My Door Is Standing" again. I used to listen to half a dozen videos on You-
    tube every day. Can't do it anymore. Nob0dy here knows how to fix it. Buy new parts, maybe. But
    we bought a new tower, keyboard and monitor last year. I guess it helps when you start learning
    about computers in kindergarten.

Your DH sounds like a great guy. I haven't tasted German chocolate cake for decades. How old
    is your son? I hope he is in good health. Sounds like you are doing an awful lot of work for
    someone on this board.

The only birthday from the days of my yute that I can remember is my 15th. It was the last day
    of Bible Camp on the shore of the Mississippi River; right across from the house in the Little
    Woods where Laura Ingalls Wilder was born. There's a museum there now. So the folks came
    to pick me up. It was a hundred miles back to home. We stopped for lunch. And for a birthday
    treat I had flaming banana split for dessert. The flaming part was a sugar cube dipped in alcohol.

We have bananas regularly, but never bought more than three at a time. My mother used to add
    them to pudding.

Hugs and regards to the family, Rock
ProHealth CBD Store