SOME CONFERENCES on CFS SOME OF YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Sep 27, 2006.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I just found these.I don't know if anyone is interested .I have attended one last year.My husband and I got a lot of great info from it.

Maybe some would like to go.

Sue

Conferences: Conferences and Meetings of Interest

This space is provided at no cost to individuals or groups who conduct conferences or meetings. Many of these conferences and meetings are not subject to review, and the CFIDS Association of America assumes no responsibility for the information provided. This information is provided as a public service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wisconsin
    Date: September 30, 2006
    Time: 9:00am to 11:00am
    4402 East Washington Avenue
    Madison, WI 53704

Phone: 608-834-1001
    Web: http://www.wicfs-me.org
    E-mail: wicfs-me@yahoo.com

Making sense of chronic fatigue
    Nationally known CFS clinician, Dr. Lucinda Bateman, will be the featured speaker at this seminar. Throughout her medical career, her interest has gradually become more focused on the diagnosis and management of chronic fatigue syndrome, inspired in part by the silent suffering of her sister, Shauna Bateman Horne, who had chronic fatigue syndrome for 15 years before she was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma in 2000 and died from complications of a stem cell transplant in May of 2001.

In 2000, Dr. Bateman opened her fatigue consultation clinic and has since evaluated more than 700 patients with chronic fatigue. She has given more than 30 lectures on issues relating to chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.

Dr. Bateman's goal in establishing her fatigue consultation clinic and the non-profit organization, OFFER (Organization for Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Education and Research), is to encourage more of a thoughtful evaluation process, sharing of information and guidance with patients and their primary care management team, and joint research efforts aimed at understanding the cause(s) of CFS and FMS.

Patients, caregivers and health care professionals are invited to attend. For more information, including registration details, contact the Wisconsin CFS Association.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Jersey
    Date: Sunday, October 22, 2006
    Time: 11:30am to 5:00pm EST

New Jersey Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Association, Inc.
    and
    Monmouth Medical Center
    Present

Managing Symptoms & Exploring New Research for the CFS Patient
    CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME CONFERENCE

California
    Date: Saturday, October 28, 2006
    Time: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
    Location: Sacramento: Ose Community Room at KVIE Public Television
    Web address: http://www.cfids.org/cfidslink/2006/sacramento.asp

Education Seminar in Sacramento on October 28

Until there is no more chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), it’s vitally important for patients, caregivers and clinicians to know more about this illness. Please plan to join us in Sacramento, California, on Saturday, October 28, 2006 for presentations by nationally recognized CFS experts Leonard Jason, PhD, of DePaul University and Charles Lapp, MD, of the Hunter-Hopkins Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Florida
    Date: January 11-14, 2007
    Web Address: http://www.aacfs.org/p/200.html

Patient Conference: January 11-12, 2007
    Clinical / Research Conference: January 12-14, 2007

8th International IACFS (Formerly AACFS) Conference on
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Fibromyalgia and other Related Illnesses

This four-day scientific medical conference, designed to benefit both the healthcare professional (researcher & clinician) and the patient community, will offer dedicated segments for both. Sessions will focus on integrative themes including different aspects of chronic fatigue syndrome, Fibromyalgia and other related illnesses presented in the context of fatigue, pain, sleep, pediatrics, cognition & brain function.

There will also be lectures on latest research, newest clinical protocols, what the genes can teach us and CFS state of the science/art; where does the research go from here? A cocktail reception and awards banquet, available to all attendees, will recognize top researchers and clinicians in our field and offer attendees an informal networking opportunity.

This conference will combine clinical and research sessions, bringing together researchers and clinicians in a joint educational effort.

The patient conference will consist of the themes mentioned above as well as introductory and breakout lectures designed exclusively for patients.

Educational Poster sessions will include brief discussions with approved presenters and led by members of the IACFS board.

[This Message was Edited on 09/27/2006]
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

bumping for others to read