Some foods put me to sleep --is that normal?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by auntcon, Oct 22, 2005.

1. auntcon

auntcon New Member

If I eat Ramon noodles I will go right to sleep (for a couple of hours)

It always puts me to sleep!

Does anyone else have this happen.

I know that's a lot of Carbs... but so is a baked potatoe --no problems or bread -- no problems

WEIRD

Connie
  2. jenn5

jenn5 New Member

it sounds like food allergies or sensitivities. I think I remember one person saying that peanut butter made them sleepy. Maybe try laying off the carbs for a while
  3. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Dear auntcon

I have sleep food in the freezer: this consists of packages of :2 slices of white bread, butter and melty cheese frozen and packed away. If my normal sleeping medication does not work, I thaw out or warm up one of these and eat it. Asleep in about 15 minutes. Perhaps you have found a cure for you insomnia - if you get it? Probably better for you than sleep medication anyway. Love the photo.
  4. petsrme

petsrme Member

Oh my goodness!! Auntcon, I am so sorry I can't help you with your problem, but I MUST comment on that picture...it is spectacular!!!!
    I haven't been to this site in awhile...my puter has been on the fritz, but my breath was taken away at the pic on your profile. Is that your daughter and her significant other? They look young, but in love. I am sure at their age it is probably great photography, but who knows? Right? The point is though that the colors of the roses and the way that they are looking at each other makes this an award winning picture. How did you do it? I am not too good with photography. How did you make the roses red but nothing else colored. I was so blown away. I know it doesn't take a lot to make me excited, but please share with me. Stupendous!!!!
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

and that could be why you suddenly have to sleep. I would quit eating ramen, if I were you. Not healthy chemicals. My son, who has CFIDS, gets sick for days sometimes when he eats out anywhere, so I suspect a lot of msg is at restaurants. There was an interesting post on hidden msg names, I believe it was just under "MSG".
    Terri
  6. turquoise

turquoise Member

A few places used to do food allergy testing in hospital environmental control units where you would go in and fast for four days and then test foods one at a time. They were ranked on a scale of 0-4. Any food that put you to sleep was automatically rated as a 3 in severity, even if that was the only symptom you had.
  7. auntcon

auntcon New Member

I was thinking food allergy too and concerned and it looks about 1/2 and 1/2 about taking advantage of it or avoiding it.

Concerning the photo... Laura will be 16 in Dec. David is 18. I wouldn't be surprised if they get married someday. They are both good christians and both the oldest in their families. They are honor students and David does ROTC and Laura has had 9 yrs of piano. They have been dating for 8 mos and that was their 1st Homecoming. (they've done the Winter Formal and PROM last yr)

I used a photo program on the pc to outline the flowers and then made the rest of the picture black and white. That's about it.