Some good news for me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Although I was DX with POTS, I am taking a beta blocker now and taking 5g of salt a day and they say that will help me so I dont get dizzy and sick when I'm on my feet. You dont know how happy that makes me because I can live with pain from Fibromyalgia and small nerve neuropathy but not being able to go anywheres (like shopping and etc) was killing me inside. I just couldnt live with the idea that I could never lead a half normal life and be tied down at my home. This is going to be wonderful for me to just be able to go to the grocery store or to Wal Mart. Thanks all for your prayers. Soon I'll be stepping out!!!!
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Although I was DX with POTS, I am taking a beta blocker now and taking 5g of salt a day and they say that will help me so I dont get dizzy and sick when I'm on my feet. You dont know how happy that makes me because I can live with pain from Fibromyalgia and small nerve neuropathy but not being able to go anywheres (like shopping and etc) was killing me inside. I just couldnt live with the idea that I could never lead a half normal life and be tied down at my home. This is going to be wonderful for me to just be able to go to the grocery store or to Wal Mart. Thanks all for your prayers. Soon I'll be stepping out!!!!
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Hope this new protocol helps you get out & about! I'm glad you are finding something that helps.

Take care,
    Pam
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

I have learned not to let it keep me down, even though I have a rather stubborn case of NMH. I have a scooter to take to malls with me, as well as to stores that do not have eletric carts. I also can take my dog on walks that way. With the cold and snow I haven't been out with it lately. However I can't go out in the rain with it. It has given me back my life!

Barbara
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Do you have the dizzy problem when you get up? What meds do they have you on?
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My Mom had neuropathy and it can be horrible. I'm so happy for you.

Love, Mikie