Some good news: my long-term disability claim was approved.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kholmes, Feb 24, 2007.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

The Standard Insurance company called yesterday and told me they've approved my claim.

The first check, with backpay back to October, '05, will be in the mail next week, they said. This has been a stressful two-year battle, but we did it without a lawyer and didn't have to take them to court. A year ago, I was awarded Social Security benefits.

After my visit with an independent medical examiner, my claim was approved, so his report must have been favorable.

Hopefully, this is a step toward more of us who are disabled with CFS or Fibro getting disability benefits from private insurance companies.

If I could go skipping down the street, I would.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/24/2007]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

What struggles They put us through! Your Back pay check will Be a Welcome sight to you i'm sure! It Doesn't Make us well But takes a load off financialy!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hope you can do something fun to Celebrate!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  3. paulmack

paulmack New Member

I know it's not the same as having full health,but at least it takes the pressure off financially.
    Well done on that,you deserve it.
    I normally take a coupla bottles of beer on Sunday night,so I'll take an extra one on your behalf,lol.
    Best Wishes,Paul.
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Good for you! I'm still trying to collect on my Short term claim from last fall!

It's ridiculous to make sick people go through these hoops!!
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member

That is wonderful news! You clearly did a fabulous job getting all your medical reports, etc. together. Way to go!

Time to celebrate!
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Good luck on collecting on your short-term, Mollystwin. I hope you get that soon.

Paul: Cheers! Make sure it's a good Scottish or English beer. Lager or stout?
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it.

8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

But they sure make you jump thru the Hoops don't they?

Now maybe you can afford to have someone read the books

to you while you sit back in a re-cliner with your eyes

Good Goin'!!!
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm sure you worked hard to make it gives many others hope!
    Take care-
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

I am soooooo happy for you. A big accomplishment. Congratulations!!!!

11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm very happy for you...

I'm sure this was a very stressful situation so maybe getting these checks will take some pressure off of you.

Nancy B
  12. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

congratulations Ken, you could go skipping down the street then you could dance all night.

Seriously I'm really happy for you, it's been a long wait.

[This Message was Edited on 02/25/2007]
  13. boltchik

boltchik New Member

That is fantastic news, I am sooo happy for you! Kim :)
  14. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

This is great news. Go out and buy something just for you, you deserve it.

15. sues1

sues1 New Member

I am happy to hear this. I will skip down the street with my mind. Body does not work well, gee...neither does my mind.

How about skipping on the yellow Brick road we will sing a long the way.....LOL Susan
  16. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Enjoyed a bottle of Becks lager on your behalf last night,as promised,lol.
  17. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Ken:

Glad to hear you got some good news!! Sorry that it seems to have taken you so long, and been so stressful. There is a big backlash in how these LTD companies are treating people...hopefully your success story will help others who are still fighting with them to get their benefits.

Even though you cannot skip down the street physically, do it in your head.

18. ckball

ckball New Member

Wow that is great news, how many wheelies have you done in your jazzy chair???

I am very happy for you, a new wife and now security, it's a new day for you so celebrate and do something special with a little of that backpay.

I used (part of) mine to buy my stained glass supplies, grinders, wet saws and glass are not cheap. But it has been worth every dime when I hang a new peice I made. BTW dncnfingers bought one of my peices this week.

Congratulations, it couldn't have happened to a better person. Carla
  19. Callum

Callum New Member

Congratulations on winning the hard-fought battle! You deserve it.

20. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Best wishes, Erika