Some Good News

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Jun 3, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Just wanted to share with you all,,that My Middle Daughter and Her Husband who are Teachers (Young ones) Have Been offered Teaching jobs on an Native American Reservation,,in south eastern Montana,,,,,,

where they will teach for 2 years and get thier student loans paid off and also they will get houseing and a great 12 month salary,,,,,,,,,,

It will be Challenging but worth it! My daughter will be a 1st grade teacher with 15 students and my Son inlaw will teach 7th grade Math and English,,,,,,,,,

and they will be only 100 miles away from my youngest daughter,,,,I know I know a Mom Thing!,,,,,,,,They start at the end of August,,,,,,,,Sis
  2. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

That is Great news! Good for them. I'm sure they will do just fine. It sounds like yours is a close, supportive family. Best wishes and happiness to you all! :)

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for the compliments!,,,,,I'm so proud of them! they have really worked hard to get where they are! and when they get done with this job they will have a really Good thing to add to their Resumeas,,,,,,,hope i spelled that word right!,,,,lolol!,,,,,yes ,,,Dolores,,we try to be a loving and supporting Family!,,,,,,,,,Thanks again!
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

That is great, this country needs more teachers and that is great they can both teach in the same school. I admire teachers and nurses, they are hard working caring people who give so much and are paid way too LESS for what they do.

The children today are out leaders of the future and without proper leadship from out schools we don't have a chance.

So kudos to you and your family-Carla
  5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

That sounds wonderful and also exciting for your daughter and son-in-law. A start at a whole new way of life.

Congratulations to them!!!!
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

From the PC,,,But am just now checking in to read all your wonderful responces!,,,,,Thankyou all so much!,,,,It will be great to have the kids living closer to eachother!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,When i go to visit them we can all get togeather more!! This is going to Be a very BIg challenge for them but they can handle it!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs to you all!,,,,,Sis
  7. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

That is absolutely great news. It will be challenging, but I bet the personal rewards for both your daughter and your son-in-law will be even greater. And you don't have to worry about her being there alone--okay that's the mom in us!!

What a win/win situation. They get their loans paid off while improving the young lives of the Native American children. You should be very proud of them.

8. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Congradulations! How very wonderful for you daughter and son-in-law! How proud you must be of them! Do they have any children of their own yet? Just curious! I bet they'd be great parents.

9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

That is good news. If I had it to do over again, I'd be a teacher in a sleepy, little college town.

By the way, the bookclub's current book is by Montana writer Ivan Doig.

10. Doober

Doober New Member

good news. As a parent myself, I know how proud you must be.

This is such a great thing for them, because not only will they be teaching, but they will be learning too.

It must be incredible to get a job like this in a place that would have such a history and culture that it is hopefully a wonderful experience for your daughter and SIL.

I know they will make an impact on the children as all teachers do, most kids do not realize this until they grow older and wiser.
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

Laura,,,,It's a Big Step for them but they are up for the Challange!,,,,,Janell has been the Head Teacher at a Pre-school for the past 3 years and is Ready for a Change,,Don Graduated in Dec,,and has had alot of Sub jobs since,,,Plus he does little guy Soccer teams,,This will also carry over to the new place for him,,,,,,Thanks for your support!

Kelly~~~Thanks! they don't have any Childern of their own yet,,,have been Married for 2 years now,,plus Collage sweethearts,,,,,,,i guess in time!,,,,,they both just love kids!!

Rock~~~~Yes a Rural Teacher,,,,lots of Fun,,,you know like the little house on the Prarie type school!,,,,I'm There!,,,,,Thanks for the heads up on the Montana Author!,,,,,,Thanks!

Doober~~Thanks to you also!,,,My Teachers through out the 12 years of school had a huge impact on my life like you say!,,,i remember all of their names and what classes they thaught,,,,,it would be fun to have a reunion with them all!,,,,,,the living ones of course!,,,,,,,,,,P.S. How are the Bunnies doing?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis
  12. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Wow!! isn't much left for me to say that hasn't already been said! LOL

But i need some good new this morning, so i'll be happy with you and for you!!

13. sisland

sisland New Member

I appreciate your thoughtfullness!,,,,,Sis
  14. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

This sounds really interesting and challenging. Will they have internet access? I think it would be neat if they did a blog. I would like to read about their experiences and I’ll bet others would too. I know they will be very busy, though.
  15. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I think LittleBlueStem has a great idea. Tell the kids to each keep a diary/journal.

Will provide them w/ material to write articles for teaching mags; maybe even a book.

I often wish I had had the energy and persistence to keep a journal when I was a social worker in Northern MN. Most of the clients were Chippewa Indians.

16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for sharing. Prayers going up that everything goes well for them.

Love, Mikie
  17. sisland

sisland New Member

Not sure if they will have internet accses but keeping a journal is a Great Idea!,,,i will pass this along to them,,,,Never thought of that! but yes it could be very helpful to them in the future!,,,,,,,,,Thanks for the Fab idea!,,,,,,,,,,Mikie,,, Thanks for your support!,,,,,Hugs!.........Sis
  18. sisland

sisland New Member

How Nice that your Husband and Daughter are Teachers! and Now that He's retiered is he bored?,,,,,,lol,,,,just wondering,,,The Kids are all Fired up about this new job!,,,,,,,They love being teachers too!

They will be in a whole new teritory with the Native american Kids!,,,,,,My SIL is very calm, cool and collected so i hope that demeaner will help him deal with the jounior high kids!,,,,,,

And when i go to visit i'll get to see both the Girls at once! need to get some work done to my car ,,,,(just a tune up) before i take off and go down there again it's about a 600 mile drive,,,for me and the Dog!,,,,,How is your little guy?

They just can't pass up on the benefits!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for your support and i hope you and your family are having a great summer!,,,,Any Travel Plans?,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,Sis