SOME of us here are SO SKINNY, we should find a plan to gain!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by futurehope, Feb 9, 2006.

1. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I have did searches and read so many posts about weight. The majority were dealing with people who have gained and have talked about dieting and how to get it off.

Then there are a few of us that have lost tremedous weight over a short period of time. I know for me, I look anorexic (sp) and I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT. It is sickening when you look in the mirror naked and see nothing but bones. No curves, no body shape, nothing.

I am 5'3" and my normal weight before getting sick was around 106-110. I have been down to as low as 87 lbs. Right now I weight 92 lbs. I do have a high metabilism (sp).

Maybe it would be good to come up with some ideas about gaining weight. I cannot wear Juniors Jeans and I cannot wear childrens jeans (but only because they are too short). Horrible!!!

I have asked my Doctor about this and he only tells me to drink Boost Plus.

Anyone want to join in and come up with some ideas?

I think it would help us feel a little better about our bodies if we could gain a little. I get sick and tired of people commenting about me!!

Brenda
  2. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Have you been tested for food allergies?

Celiac's almost killed me- it went undiagnosed for 9 years and I was wasting away like that. Anyway, food allergies can develop at any time in your life. It can be that simple, and yet they never check.

Just thought I'd throw that in.
  3. mer0928

mer0928 New Member

I am 21-years-old and have had FMS since I was 5. I have ALWAYS struggled with being too skinny. People say "you are SO skinny," which makes me feel more self-conscious. Do you think they would go up to an overweight person and say "you are SO fat"? Anyway, when I was in high school, I weighed anywhere from 98-108 llbs at 5'8". I was accused of being anerexic, which was a joke since I WANTED to gain weight. During my second year of college, I went up to 135 llbs, the most I've ever weighed! But in the past year, I have had a severe flare-up of FMS and am now back down to 118 lbs and still losing. The problem is that I've started wanting to eat healthier for my FMS, but healthy foods are mainly low in fat, too! You're right that we should come up with some ideas to gain weight (without eating cheeseburgers and french fries everyday!). Let me know if you come up with something!

Mary Elizabeth
  4. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

I'm not trying to make light of anyone's pain here, but I thought I would reply and at least try to help ya'll smile......

I have an idea..... I will try my best to LOSE my extra pounds, and when I do, I'll let ya'll know where I lost 'em so you can find 'em! Finders Keepers! LOL

OK, so that wasn't very funny.... sorry. But I gotta tell you honestly.... I wish I had your problem! Being overweight is just as embarrassing, and overall, is less "socially acceptable" than being skinny.... I think... I don't know, really, since I haven't been "skinny" since I was about 13! I MISS it!!!

I was always PROUD to be skinny because my mom was always overweight. We grow up being conditioned to think that being "fat" is SO bad, but being skinny is desired (this is the thought process of the majority.... we all know this. You'll NEVER see a super-model who is even one pound "overweight"!)

Anyway, growing up and seeing how "unacceptable" it is to be overweight, I was SO HAPPY to be skinny! One of my worst fears was becoming overweight like my mom. Now here I am, two kids and 22 years later, at 5'6" and 153 pounds. And there's not much I wouldn't do to lose about 30 pounds! Some people say that me losing 30 pounds would be TOO much, and I know that I'm not VERY overweight, but that doesn't ease my mind about it much. I'm still EXTREMELY self-conscious about letting my fiance see me naked, and we've lived together for over a year and a half.

Anyway.... I didn't mean to go off on this tangent..... sorry. I just wanted to say that if I could GIVE my extra pounds to you, I GLADLY would!

Good luck to you ladies and take care!

Hugs!
    Starr
  5. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Liked your post, it cheered me up!!! You just let me know when those pounds go, and where they go. OK!!!

I know how you are feeling, we are just on opposite sites of the spectrum!!

By the way, I don't look at people and judge them by the way they look, I like people for their inner beauty. My hubby is EXTREMELY overweight and was when I married him, I did not care a bit!

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
    [This Message was Edited on 02/12/2006]