Some Thoughts ......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JLH, Mar 29, 2007.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities!
    Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy."
    --Norman Vincent Peale

What We Believe
    --By Catherine Pulsifer

As you were growing up, you may have been told over and over that you were good at doing something. You believed it.

Similarly, if you constantly tell people they are doing a good job, they will eventually believe it even if, in the beginning, they have doubts about their ability. In essence, we become what we believe.

If you find that you are doubting yourself, stop and reflect on all your past achievements. Be confident about yourself. Don't let other people erode your confidence. Successful people know that the greater their self-confidence, the greater their achievements.

Don't feed your mind with negative thoughts. If you do, you will come to believe them. The secret to self-confidence is to feed your mind with positive thoughts, and surround yourself with people who give you positive support!

To quote Buddha,

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
    The mind is everything.
    What we think, we become."

"You are in charge of your feelings, beliefs, and actions. And you teach others how to behave toward you. While you cannot change other people, you can influence them through your own behaviors and actions.

By being a living role model of what you want to receive from others, you create more of what you want in your life."
    --Eric Allenbaugh

"Your self-beliefs either support or undermine you."
    --Marsha Sinetar

"If you feel inferior to someone else, it is because of your own beliefs."
    --Catherine Pulsifer

"One person with a belief is equal to ninety-nine who have only interests."
    --John Stuart Mill

"These people--and all winners--possess the will to win. It's a will that starts with a belief in our ability to achieve the goals we dream of accomplishing."

"I believed that anything was possible, or at least because I didn't put together everyone else's 'facts' and believe that winning was impossible."

"When you develop yourself to the point where your belief in yourself is so strong that you know you can accomplish anything you put your mind to, your future will be unlimited."
    --Brian Tracy

"Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve."
    --Mary Kay Ash

2. JLH

JLH New Member

If you would love to go to med school, then do it! Start working on your Bachlor's degree now!

You know, my theory is ...... can't never did anything!

I have a daughter who said she always wanted to be a doctor since she was a child. She kept that dream all of the way through her middle school and high school years. She was

She went on to graduate with a B.S. in biology and chemistry, then on to med school.

... and BAM! She's a doctor now! She graduated med school as #3 in her class, which is quite an honor!

If you have the desire and really put your mind to it, I think anything is possible!

Love and Hugs,
  3. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I don't see where you post on the depression board, but I was wondering if you could post these quotes there? I think many of us over there would enjoy them.

4. JLH

JLH New Member

I have never posted any of them on the depression board because I think this ChitChat board is the only place we are supposed to post "off topic" type information.

You could always invite your friends from that board to visit the ChitChat board!