Some wise, loving words of Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Jan 19, 2009.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Mother Teresa:

" There is only one God and He is God to all; therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God.

"I've always said that we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic".
  2. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

A blessed and wise woman indeed! Jeanne
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

I shoudn't really need to answer this - having been here as long as I have.

I am a Christian with a similar mindset to Mother Teresa.
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You wrote, "there is much evidence that mother teresa was not saved"

The Holy See would beg to differ with you. The Blessed Theresa has been through the beatification process and your words are not just disrespectful, they are precisely what the Vatican calls the work of "the devil's advocate".

I'm sure this is not what you wish to be.

My first cousin was ordained in Vatican City. (His parish is in Manhattan.) He and I have discussed the Blessed Theresa as it is a point of contact for us as I love India and he knows a great deal about Catholicism. He explained the role of the devil's advocate to me during the process of her beatification.

Anyway, again, I'm sure you did not intend harm.

Rafiki

5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You are entitled to say what you believe.

I am entitled to be sad when I read it. The Blessed Theresa does not need me to plead her case against any

This is all so terribly, terribly sad.
  6. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

I have to take issue with your statements re:Blessed Theresa. Rafki was correct in her post. Mother Theresa will most likely be beatified. That aside, she devoted her entire life to doing Christ's work. She did have her struggles with God,actually feeling that He wasn't there for her. This was during a very dark period of her life. I feel that she was a very beautiful model of someone truly living for Christ. Jeanne
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Jeanne,

Yes, Mother Theresa did have her struggles with God, as she wrote in her private journal. Just as many saints have had. A dark night of the soul, as St. John of the Cross called it. Her love for Christ was as complete as her work for him.

I have seen pictures of her holding a child to her, cradling his head as if he was the most precious child in the world. As each child is. Her work, started in faith, has spread all over the world for the 'poorest of the poor'.

And Rafiki, how she loved her Indian people!!!

8. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi BDT,

How are you doing, sweetie? Yes, I agree with you about Mother Theresa - she has been a great inspiration in my life, and continues to be.

My father, who was an agnostic until just recently (in his 90's), adored Mother Teresa, and she has been greatly instrumental in bringing faith to my father, connecting him to God, as he was as a child.

(Getting choked up here.)

Take care, hon.
  9. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I don't know where to put this message. Are you ok? I feel terrible that your kindness may have caused you pain. I don't want to make anything worse. Maybe I'll take this down after a bit. You have not only been kind, you have been courageous. I suspect you are very strong. Nevertheless, I'm sorry!

Peace to you,
    Rafiki
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

I just wrote you a long message, and it's gone. So will have to try tomorrow. Thank you for your concern and caring! And rainbow too, thank you!

I'm at the end of my energy. Rats- I really captured so much of what I wanted to say. I'm okay though, and will try again soon.

Peace and Blessings.