somebody new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jones85, Feb 1, 2007.

1. jones85

jones85 New Member

hi my name is shanice. you can call me niecey. anyway i am a very sad person. i'll go in my room everyday and just stare out the window. then i will just start crying. i know i am the new person but can somebody help me? PLEASE I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE IT.
  2. ravenpaige

ravenpaige New Member

Niecey,
    I'm new here myself, but there seem to be a lot of really great, caring and knowledgable people here. Dealing with all of this can be really tough, especially when it seems like nobody understands. One of the great things here is to find people who do understand and believe. The other is so many suggestions and testimonies about what has helped. Everybody is different, so you may have to experiment a bit, but eventually you will find the things that help you to feel better.

Terri
  3. greeneyeslk

greeneyeslk New Member

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are going through such a sad time now. Have you been diagnosed with FM or CFS recently? I know that I have my moments of sadness as I have had these diseases for at least 8 years now. Are you doing anything for depression? I know that there are alot of people on this site that have alot of valuable information. If you are interested in looking up a topic that was talked about, you can type the subject in the "Search" area and it will bring up past bulletins about that subject. If you have any questions about treatment and coping solutions, feel free to ask all of us and we will help if we can. Good luck and hang in there as you are not alone.
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Hi Niecey,

Do you have CFS or FM? What are your symptoms? CFS & FM can both create depression or are a symptom that seems to come along with the diagnosis but who wouldn't be depressed when they are in pain all the time and cannot do the things they use to do from fatigue.

There are many articles in the Library tab that may help and I think there may be a Message Board for Depression.

For some reason you sound young, hopefully people can help you here if we know what else is bothering you. If your parent(s) aren't understanding what is going on can you talk to a counselor at school or someone at church?

Also there may be books at the library you can get or print some articles from this site to educate those around you.

Please take care,
    Susan07
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

Without knowing anything about you it's hard to make suggestions but here goes:

Start with diet change. Now is the time to give up yummy, unhealthy foods. Your body is starved for nutrients, that's why you feel bad. If possible, give up all foods with wheat and dairy in them. Eat tons of veggies. If you don't like them, boil them in chicken broth. Don't eat junk or drink soda. Yes, this sucks if you are eating the typical American diet but it will make you feel better. And the healthy food doesn't taste so bad after awhile.

If you can't get to the doc, could you try some supplements? If you are depressed, some amino acids and neurotransmitter food may be able to help you. You can get them at any health food store. I would start with these:

phenylalanine 200-300 mg 2-3x per day
    phosphatidly choline 200-300 mg 2-3x per day
    5htp 100-300 mg 1-3x per day
    NAC 100-300 mg 2-3x per day
    threonine 200-300 mg 2-3x per day

Start with low doses to make sure they set well with you. You should notice effects the same day. A good amino acid complex would be good to take with them to help keep them balanced. All these are available to us in the food we eat but I can't function without them since my body isn't able to process them properly.

What do you think is wrong with you? Have you had a specific illness recently like a virus or something?

best wishes,

karen

6. Spring123

Spring123 New Member

Niecey,
    Please know that you are not alone & that things will get better... I am not sure what illness you are suffering from but I've had CFS and EBV for over 18 years now. The 1st couple years were so hard for me, but somehow I just learned to live with the disease. I suggest you reach out to someone very close to you and explain exactly how you are feeling.. I know how frustrating it can be when people don't understand the pain we are in. Sometimes I felt like they thought I was making it up.
    I can relate to the crying. I have a 3 yr old and a 6 mo old (both not good sleepers), so my CF is worse now then ever. Everytime I hear them get up in the middle of the nite, I start to cry and the crying sometimes lasts thru the next day. But I do want to stress that I did get better and started to live a very normal life for many years. Having a newborn set me back and I know that I will get thru it and so will you. Don't give up hope because things will get better!
  7. mamagibby

mamagibby New Member

Welcome to the boards Niecey, what kind of help do you want?
    There are a bunch of us that have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome,either one or both of them combined and a whole host of other problems. We can help you sometimes by just being here, or being a sounding board when you just need to vent.
    You've made the biggest step by reaching out.

Soft hugs,
    Mamagibby aka KAH
  8. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

I'm a newbie to the board as well. I've noticed that there are a lot of really caring, understanding people here who you can easily relate to. The support I've recieved so far has put me in a better mood and I have a better outlook. Remember, we are all in this together. Take care!

Crystal
  9. suzannekart

suzannekart New Member

Hello Niecey, It is good to have you here!!! Lots of us have bad days like you do. I know I have had more than I care to think about in my life. Great first step you have already taken. I find great comfort coming here and just feeling that people really do care and will try to give you any kind of help they can offer. The other day I was just feeling down and I picked up an old copy of George Carlins book "Brain Dropings" after reading a few pages at random I was laughing out loud. Now it did not solve my problems but I did feel better. Sometimes I think I really resist doing anything that will feel better. Kind of whats the use thing. I read somewhere that action creates motivation. So I guess for me sometimes just doing a small thing or doing a little thing in a different way helps. Perhaps forcing yourself to pick up a book instead of staring out the window could help break the cycle. I had a problem awhile back when I would sit in the bathtub I would end up being sad and upset and always ended up crying. I don't know why it started. I took showers instead for awhile and then when I took a bath again I brought a book to read. That seemed to stop the crying thing. Now I take a bath everyday because I love to soak in the tub.
    I am sorry I have rattled on so long and I may be way off..
    I am so sorry you are having such a terriable time. Just know we care about you and will wait to hear from you soon. Suzanne
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2007]