Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kjade, May 9, 2010.

1. kjade

kjade New Member

This isn't just about being a mother, it's about appreciating the people in your life while you have them....no matter who that person is.

Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby......
    "somebody" doesn't know that once you're a mother,"normal" is history.

Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by instinct....
    "somebody" never took a three-year-old shopping.

Somebody said being a mother is boring....
    "somebody" never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a driver's permit.

Somebody said if you're a "good" mother, your child will "turn out good".....
    "somebody" thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee.

Somebody said "good" mothers never raise their voices.....
    "somebody" never came out the back door just in time to see her child hit a golf ball through the neighbor's kitchen window.

Somebody said you don't need an education to be a mother.....
    "somebody" never helped a fourth grader with his math.

Somebody said you can't love the fourth child as much as you love the first.....
    "somebody" doesn't have four children.

Somebody said a mother can find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the books....
    "somebody" never had a child stuff beans up his nose or in his ears.

Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery.....
    "somebody" never watched her "baby" get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten .. or on a plane headed for military "boot camp."

Somebody said a mother can do her job with her eyes closed and one hand tied behind her back....
    "somebody" never organized seven giggling Brownies to sell cookies.

Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her child gets married....
    "somebody" doesn't know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings.

Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home....
    "somebody" never had grandchildren.

Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her.....
    "somebody" isn't a mother.

2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I cant print from my phone but I wanted to let you know I loved this so much that I wrote it all down. Im going to use it next year to make my MIL a mothers day card with. She will love it. I will also send it to my friends. Great post!
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Take it from a mother of 5, these are really good BUT some were funny too but really TRUE!!.

However, sometimes your heart is in your throat when you watch your child doing or about to do something really stupid or dangerous. I loved them all Kjade. Where did you find them. They are so true. You can bring up all your kids the same (more or less) and then one of them goes and does something really stupid and you wonder why (HELP!!!) Yep, many times those with no children are so good at trying to give advice . GEEZ!!

Hope you had a nice Mothers Day. We went out to eat for a change with two of my kids and 3 grandkids. Others are to far away. No clean up or cooking. Good deal ! YAY!!

4. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Thank you so much for posting this. I pasted and cut it to an e-mail to my mom, sister and sister-in-law.

I agree with Granni.....some of them ARE funny, and oh-so-true. I loved the ones about the beans in the nose!

I remember the time my son and 3 of his friends went for a walk along the (Erie) canal. They came back a little while later and my son said, "Mom, do you think you could call Greg's mom? The ax slipped and...." Well, I didn't even let him finish the sentence. AX?!!! WHAT AX? Seems as though they had taken an ax with them on their walk to cut down trees or something. Who knows what they were going to do? Anyway, Greg cut his hand. So, yeah, I called his mom, found out where his doctor was located and drove him there to meet his mom. It was a superficial cut - thank gawd. Here's the amazing part.......Greg was still allowed to come over to our house again!......after all 4 boys got a "talkin' to" from all the parents!

Kids.......gotta love 'em!
  5. kjade

kjade New Member

Thanks - I wish I could say I wrote this, but I didn't. I got it in an email sometime ago and I saved it to send to all the mothers I know on Mother's Day every year. I could have written this though! So true - a LOT of it.

I'm doing pretty well. We have been so busy with birthdays, and 1st communion and end of the school year stuff, we just run, run, run! And my house is always such a MESS cause I am never here anymore it seems. I have 3 kids playing baseball, plus they are finishing up their swim classes, and my daughter's ballet still has 2 more weeks. I keep everything on my calendar at work, and May and June are nearly completely full! Crazy.

But I wouldn't change a thing (except maybe have some time for me once in a while).
  6. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I love this!! I am going to print it out and put it on my refrigerator. My girls know if something new appears on the refrigerator, it's mandatory reading--LOL!!

I say we could also add our own lines. Here's mine:

Somebody said saying goodbye to your child leaving for college may make you cry,
    Somebody never had to watch their twin girls cling to each other sobbing as they said goodbye to each other.

7. sisland

sisland New Member

KJade for posting this! It's wonderful!,,the only thing i could add is that ,,,somebody never had to pass her first grandbaby off to another family member, as it was time to say goodbye and you had to leave ,,,,S