Someone help me with Needy Meds please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msbsgblue, May 7, 2010.

1. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I need help with my meds. Not sure how Needy meds works, do I have to fill out a thing for each med?

My husband and I parted ways 2 weeks ago and he is not helping me any financially and I need help

If you know of any other sources for meds let me know too. I take about 10 meds, some are expensive and my social security check in small.

Help please!
  2. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

I know nothing about the med program you're asking about but I do know that your husband has to share his resources with you. You need to consult an attorney immediately. Spouses don't just get to walk away and forget about their former partners.

Wishing you luck,
  3. blueeyedgrl73

blueeyedgrl73 New Member

when you go to this need to find the specific med you are on and then there will be an application for that med. You fill out everything you possibly can and then have your doc fill out their part. They will then have to fax it into the company with a prescription. HOpe this helps :)
  4. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I go through this site:

It has worked wonderfully for me. I have gotten Lyrica for 2 years free!
  5. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Yes, I know he should help me more. He bought me a cheap pick-up to get home in, 2500 mile trip. He has to make the $101. payment but wants me to pay the insurance.

He is a member of this forum, as this is where we met years ago. He gets about 2 1/2 times the disability that I get in Social Security. I only just found out that disability can be garnished if the other spouse is a senior citizen as I am. I had promised him that I would not ask the judge to do this but I need income. I only get a little over $500. a month. I am not one to go back on promises, but sure is tempting.

He has a home, all remodeled due to me finding a government program that paid for it all due to our income. He has 3 vehicles, 2 are old and he has a boat. He would never put my name on anything, and I now know that he had 3 live-ins prior to marrying me. He made them pay "their half" of house payment and expenses. I guess I married a user. I think that is probably why the other women left.

I will type and file my own divorce since I know enough about the law, I did this my last divorce.

Even if I don't ask for money I think the judge is going to question this. The divorce forms ask if you can live on what you have, I refuse to lie and say that I can.

I have my first appt. with my new doc Monday and will talk to him about meds help then too.

Area on the Aging paid for most of my pain med script last week, but they only help each person up to $500. in meds.
  6. rsagall

rsagall New Member

NeedyMeds is an information source. We have data on around 2,400 programs that help people who can't afford their medications and health care costs. All our data is free, easy to access, and updated regularly.

We offer a free drug discount card that's accepted at nearly 60,000 pharmacies. Anyone can use the card regardless of income level, insurance status, age or residency. The card offers a discount ranging from nothing to 75% on prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs and medical supplies when written on a prescription form, and pet prescription drugs purchased at a pharmacy. The average savings is 50%. The card is free and there is no registration process or cost. The card can be downloaded from our website or obtained by sending us a self-address stamped envelope. 

Feel free to email me if you have any questions of if we can help in any way.

Rich Sagall, MD
    NeedyMeds, Inc.
    P.O. Box 219
    Gloucester, MA 01931
  7. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

This information you have given me will be so helpful.