SOMEONE HELP ME

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ladyhurt, May 22, 2006.

1. Ladyhurt

Ladyhurt New Member

HI can someone help me i,m in such a bad funk i feel like i want to die , i know it,s the fibro, i have suffered long enough to know but i can,t seem to climb out this time i,m going to please read all your responces they will come to my email i need to do something fast?
    Has anyone ever got to this part? i,m scared i,m 50 and living with this since i was 19 years old, i should know how to cope but for some reason i can,t this time, be kind to each other/
    Ladyhurt
  2. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Just where your at and many of us have felt the same way,but you can't let this beat you.
    You know when I feel like that I try and watch something on tv where someone is worse then me and then I think to myself "oh they are so much worse then me"It really works,also all the loving people on this site help alot!
    Good luck,
    Mary
  3. Ladyhurt

Ladyhurt New Member

Thank you but i don,t even want to be watching tv i like to read alot but can,t keep my mind on the book.
    Thank you
    Ladyhurt
  4. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

If you need to talk!
    Take Care,
    Mary
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am so sorry to hear how overwhelmed you are feeling right now regarding this DD. I know exactly how you feel as I was feeling the same way in December and January for sure.

Sometimes it gets so bad we are unable to remember the better days. I was helped tremendously by a sports med doctor, who had me complete a pain chart every day, grading each part of the body and seeing if the pain changed. What I learned by doing that, although I was angry at first he asked me, was that in fact the pain was shifting from day to day and some days were a little better than the others.

In this way I was able to grasp a little more hope and feel a little better about getting out of the flare.

I worry that you are not geting the medical assistance you clearly are needing and you sound as if you are very depressed and upset about this(and I can see why and validate those feelings, you have a right).

However, I would urge you to get medical attention today if possible, or at least if you have someone who would come and stay by your side for a little while. I often find that people do a little better when not alone.

I have not read your bio but will in a minute, but I wanted to respond right away as I hear your cry for help. Can you get to a doctor???

I will tell you that today I am feeling better than I have in a long time, due to changing some things, and getting the right medicla assistance and one small pill (1 mg Valium) that has really helped me. Who would think? There IS always hope that you can start getting better too. I get flares about once a year, and feel very low too during those times. I understand. I will try and help.

I just read a post you put up on St Pat's day and see that you were feeling well then, you say how great you were feeling, so this is the thing, you know this too will pass, just try and remember that, when we are in a bad way, we tend to think it is like that every day, when in fact, as I said earlier there ARE changes.

Are you in Scarborough, UK? Or USA. I am a Brit, but also lived near Scarborough NY for a time.

Love Anne C

[This Message was Edited on 05/22/2006]
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am so sorry to hear how overwhelmed you are feeling right now regarding this DD. I know exactly how you feel as I was feeling the same way in December and January for sure.

Sometimes it gets so bad we are unable to remember the better days. I was helped tremendously by a sports med doctor, who had me complete a pain chart every day, grading each part of the body and seeing if the pain changed. What I learned by doing that, although I was angry at first he asked me, was that in fact the pain was shifting from day to day and some days were a little better than the others.

In this way I was able to grasp a little more hope and feel a little better about getting out of the flare.

I worry that you are not geting the medical assistance you clearly are needing and you sound as if you are very depressed and upset about this(and I can see why and validate those feelings, you have a right).

However, I would urge you to get medical attention today if possible, or at least if you have someone who would come and stay by your side for a little while. I often find that people do a little better when not alone.

I have not read your bio but will in a minute, but I wanted to respond right away as I hear your cry for help. Can you get to a doctor???

I will tell you that today I am feeling better than I have in a long time, due to changing some things, and getting the right medicla assistance and one small pill (1 mg Valium) that has really helped me. Who would think? There IS always hope that you can start getting better too. I get flares about once a year, and feel very low too during those times. I understand. I will try and help.

Love Anne C
  7. connieaag

connieaag New Member

Have you looked into Books on Tape at the Library? They have lots of them and it is relaxing to listen to them if you can't read them.
  8. jillian44

jillian44 New Member

We are in the same boat. I'm 47 and had this since I was 19. I get so sick of it. I get into a bad depression also. Fibro causes that. You need to go to a counselor and tell her what you are going through. You might need medication to brighten your mood. I know my mom just died and I am in a deep depression. Fibro dosen't help! Please get some help. And we are rowing the boat together!
  9. srobins

srobins New Member

Something that has helped me learn how to cope is to write. I write down how I am feeling, I "rant" on paper, so to speak. It has been a great therapy for me.
  10. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Can take over,haul you down under.

There were days that I was unaware of what was going on around me.I was so busy trying to climb out of the darkness
    that everything around me hardly existed.

Do you have someone you can talk to.A counsellor, A
    therapist.Best fiend.

It is hard to find a way out when you go in that deep.It is like the times I go without eating till I am made aware of it.

So hun get some help.Dieing is NOT a cure.You are important.And this will pass.

hugzzz
    Jordane
  11. blizzybear

blizzybear New Member

I am sorry you feel so bad, i felt like that last week, like i could take no more, i try to remeber it will pass, i would call for some help, i almost did last week because even being swallowed up in a hole was not enough, call a mental health help line, sometimes just talking to someone who can listen helps, i called a friend and just cryed on the phone,no matter how long we have been sick there is always days where it feels like it is the worst yet. you are strong and can get through this time.
  12. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have done a lot of things to cope.Lesson to all kinds of music.Have nothing turned on and just here the silence.I've prayed a million prayers. I meditate by looking deep into a beautiful painting or better yet a real land scape.Right now I have terrible Fatigue for the pass few months worse then I've ever had it,feeling like I am in a hole and cant get out.One foot in a grave.
    But I come here to this board everyday now and I try to help others with what I have experienced and they have helped me.I'm 53 although I was dx 6 years ago, I believe I have had FM/CFS since I was about 14.The last 6 years have been the worse.I had a mental breakdown.
    I have been where you sound like you are and you need to talk to your doctors.Like mine told me have a plan of action as to what you will do, when you get to your weakest point.
    I know I will go to the hospital for mental health help.
    You have had this a long time .I'm sure if you thing about it there have been things you have tried that may have helped you at different times.WE NEED YOUR HELP TO
    your experience can help us here weather it is with certain drugs you tried or your thoughts on how you got this DD.
    Sometimes when I feel like I'm helping someone cope with this DD I'm learning to cope myself.
    Hang in there we all care ,we all hurt ,we all need each other to help us find ways to cope at different times.
    You can get threw this everyday is a new one.You are in our prayers.write back and tell us how and when you got this DD.Take one Day at a time.Be good to your self.Your feelings matter to us .We live with the same DD.
  13. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Is this a new feeling? Is something different from the "normal"?

When I felt like that this past fall, I knew something was "different" because I felt depressed and I felt like I was dying (and wouldn't care if that happened)

So I went to my doc and insisted that "something isn't right"....it felt like so much more than fibro and cfs.

Turns out my bloodwork showed that I was hypothyroid.

If these symptoms are different for you or you feel like you may need to be checked again, please go back to your doc...please!

Nancy B.
  14. claudia2

claudia2 New Member

Our lives have followed similar paths. I'm 50 also, diagnosed with CFIDS at 29. And here recently, I can't bear it anymore. I mention this because I wonder if our depleting hormones are draining our coping skills? Maybe we hit a "low" around 50 and things will gradually improve with age!
  15. juliejo

juliejo New Member

I was feeling like you at the weekend as have load's of family problem's etc etc which as we all know makes thing's 10 time's worse for us all.

Well i came on here and had some fantastic advice from all you wonderful people. You rearly helped me.

Well now it's my turn to try and help as i too am 52 and for the past 3 year's since being menopausal thing's have got alot worse.

I to have very dark day's where i think i don't want to live like this any more but it "does pass".

I keep a diary too and alway's notice when i am stressed out my sympton's go off the scale and i need to take a step back from thing's.

If you rearly havent got anyone to talk to i too would go and see your Gp and explain exactly how you feel.

I have been on Prozac for year's and cannot live without it now.
    I tried to come off it but my pain level's went of the scale.

I also take 2mg Diazepam each night and believe me it help's too.
    If i am very uptight i take 2mg in the day too.

I hope i have been off some help.
    You take care and let us all know how you get on.

Juliejo.

16. carebelle

carebelle New Member

goodmorning ! How do you feel today?I thought about you all night I hope today is better.Write us and tell us how you feel today.
  17. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I haven't answered your original call for help. But my heart is hurting for you. I hope and pray that today is a little better for you. I will look all day for your update.

Love and caring is in each of us for the other.

Jana